Vampire Survivors

Like a vampire lord feasting, this game will suck away all your time. The premise is simple, all you need to do is move around, dodging enemies while your character auto-attacks. Sounds boring? Just you wait, it will get its fangs into you and there’s no escaping the addictive gameplay loop.

At a mere R27 you too can be playing one of the most popular games on steam (50k concurrent players)

2 Likes

yeeep, been playing this as well, if I could I would have nominated it as the “I swear I am working” game of the year, most value for money game I have ever gotten.

3 Likes

I’ve been having a blast playing this. Managed to unlock all the evolved weapons and get all but one of the achievements. Still need to get the 5000 gold in one run.

1 Like

had a really nice run now, was able to evolve all my weapons in the run

Also if you want to do something funny, get the freezing weapon, with the shield, I was able to stun lock the reaper until like 32min XD

1 Like

I had a similar experience with the reaper. Started wondering if he was beatable!

1 Like

@TechThief if you’ve clocked the game and got all the achievements I can recommend opting in to the beta branch of the game. There is a new evolved version of the lightning ring which is pretty cool and a very useful upgrade that you can unlock.

I can give more detail if you’d like but don’t want to spoil anything unnecessarily.

ah cool cool, gonna skip on the beta branch I think, I don’t mind waiting for a official update

1 Like

Yeah, I love this type of game. Sadly it is Windows only so I have had to resort to paying Despot’s Game, which is also great!

EDIT: Scratch that, they’ve just last week added a Mac version. Sweet!

1 Like

Just got my best run thus far

1 Like

yawns

2 Likes

Scratch that, this be muh bestest.

a

1 Like

Yeah my trolling didn’t work out well. I’ve never actually played the game. Looks like fun though.

Patch 0.3.0 has been released which adds a new stage, achievements, a new weapon and characters.

Stage 3

The new stage introduces a few new gameplay mechanics, so you might want to take it easy and disable your Curse PowerUp if you have it enabled. It also contains a new type of item that you can pick up to permanently unlock a new game feature.
Unlocking Stage 3 will also make its enemies and events eligible to spawn in Green Acres.

Time to for a few more runs. The new mechanics definitely add some new twists to the tried and true formula.

2 Likes

Late to the fray and can confirm… my life has been consumed. 9 hours in… I don’t see an exit.

4 Likes

I need to jump back in what with all the new content they’ve added. I’m a little afraid to though…

4 Likes

Great interview with the games creator. I love unexpected success stories like these.

Here is the roadmap of what the developer is still planning for the game:

3 Likes

More people need to discover this gem.

2 Likes

I’m not ready haha… still need to finish everything before they add more.

2 Likes

The game is now available for free on mobile, both Android and IOS I believe. So far is looks like ads can give you resurrections and extra gold.

3 Likes

Some DLC has released for this year’s ACTUAL Game of the Year!

Buy as a bundle to save R3,42, that’s a whopping 22%!

2 Likes