Wasteland 3

Who else is hyped for Wasteland 3 dropping tomorrow?

I’ve been itching for a decent CRPG for a while now and it seems this will scratch that nicely. Reviews are in and it is looking good:

I am also happy to say I have avoided almost all footage released for this game except for the initial trailers and the recent co-op trailer. Going to be great going into this mostly blind. I never finished Wasteland 2 properly but I really enjoyed the last inXile game I played (Torment: Tides of Numenera).

Wasteland 3 is included as part of gamepass on both PC and console and is only R383 on Steam (as of time of this post) for those who want to buy it. I will play it on gamepass for now but I will probably buy it somewhere down the road.

2 Likes

I didn’t play Wasteland 1 or 2. Do I need to watch a recap video ?

2 Likes

As far as I know W3 is set in entirely different region and is not a continuation of W2 so you should be fine. You could watch one for some lore and such anyway though.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Downloading…

2 Likes

Started this up first thing after having my (first) cup of coffee for the day. Was struggling with choosing premade characters or custom but I decided to go with premade until I learn the game mechanics and all that.

I already re-rolled once, it wouldn’t be a proper RPG if you don’t start over within the first 30 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’ve played about an hour so far and I can already tell I am going to put a LOT of hours into this game and probably replay it with different builds.

It feels like a more streamlined (but in a good way) more polished Wasteland 2. The voice acting is great and I really like how the camera goes from isometric view to zooming in on certain NPC’s for dialogues.

I was never a fan of turn based combat but recent game’s I’ve played have started to convert me and I’m enjoying what’s on offer here so far. The cover system (and combat as a whole) will instantly be familiar to anyone who has played the modern Xcom games.

If you have game pass and like old school RPG’s this is a must.

3 Likes

“Da uwtimate starter guide fur Wasteland Free”

5 Likes

I wanna watch that but I also don’t. It’s fun discovering things on your own.

1 Like

OK. Time to restart with custom characters since I missed up my first few skill points. After the intro part you get your base and then you can recruit more characters (which you can also custom create). You have 6 party slots and 4 of them can be custom created leaving room for 2 companions. I’m restarting so that I can build a balanced party and for example not have a character with no charisma be my leader like I did earlier.

Also, there is a stoner background so I had to choose that.

1 Like

Gots to love the tutorial blerbs

2 Likes

Anybody else here playing the game on Windows ? If I open inventory and move mouse over various items, there is lag/delay of around 2 seconds. I also get this when clicking on dialogue options. I saw a reddit post where others have had this issue, but wondering if any locals also experiencing this.

1 Like

Thank goodness it’s not just me. Haha

Maybe because of Unity engine? Just a wild guess.

Taking a break from the game until Thursday afternoon / Friday when I’m off. It eats too much time and I don’t get around to anything else.

1 Like

I am gonna wait till its patched. Feels to sluggish navigating inventory and I am missing out cool flavour text. Conversations also feel off as you click, and then wait a few seconds for game to register your choice.

1 Like

Yeah it’s also an issue when you are shopping. It won’t show you the description for the item you are hovering on immediately. I have bought some things unintentionally because I clicked to see description.

I would wanna wait for a patch but don’t wanna lose interest in the game by not playing for too long. Judging by Wasteland 2 the dev will support the game though. Wasteland 2 didn’t even have voice acting at first but they released a Director’s Cut with a lot of added features free to everyone eventually.

1 Like
1 Like

I tried this, I had forgotten that it is the turn based strategy - which I suck at. So I uninstalled.

Strategy? Trust me I suck just as much as you in turn based combat but this is going well. Play on the easiest difficulty and make sure you have a medic in your team and you will be fine. If all else fails there are trainers available. They story alone makes this a must play IMO.

1 Like

Naw I just don’t enjoy this type of game play at all. I was on the easiest setting, but its just a nope for me. Not my kinda thing at all