What are you listening to?

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes

I looooooooooooove this cover, but then again I love Puddles

1 Like

I only discovered him a couple of days ago. So damn good.

So is this guy:

Who says black metal needs harsh vocals? @Solitude and @Wlad this is something you guys might appreciate:

2 Likes

Its awesome, but definitely not what I would call black metal. Not in the least. In fact, I wouldn’t classify it as metal at all.

But let’s not argue genres…

The music is great, that’s all that matters.

Now this is some quality black metal:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Les Discrets shares many ties with fellow French band Alcest, which is unarguably more of a black metal band. I’ve read many arguments on Les Discrets’ genre, with most people pinning them between black metal and “blackgazing” (which I didn’t know was a genre). The band also seems to identify with black metal to some degree… I guess it boils down to the slightly raw, often blast-beaty, but very atmospheric sound that brings in the black metal roots.

Regarding your video link - I didn’t listen to it, but the name of the band and song almost makes it sound like a parody band… Somehow their look makes me think of Turbonegro.

If you google Les Discrets the result will be “a French shoegazing/post-rock project”. Now I don’t know what shoegazing is but post-rock is definitely more accurate than any genre of metal IMO. LIke I said though, the genre is not important, the music is great so all is well.

Yeah Black Satans is a parody band. True Norwegian Black Metal from Finland. The song is actually quite cool.

According to Last.fm I’ve listened to Les Discrets 50 times. :slight_smile:

But yes Last.fm classifies their music as:

Slightly NSFW

This song made me think of you guys = your my chosen famliy

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Haha haven’t listened to that in years.

Its one of those that I will always love

1 Like

I have Priest on repeat at the moment. Yesterday I learned that two of the three members left the group, which really sucks. I was really looking forward to their new EP and other new material coming out. Apparently they have already been replaced but it just won’t be the same without the original members.

1 Like