What are you listening to?

If you’re referring to Evergrey, the last 3 albums were apparently supposed to form a trilogy. You can kind of see the thread pulling through, with Hymns for the Broken being about sadness and grief, The Storm Within being about inner conflict and then The Atlantic being about finding solace and starting anew.

I listened to all 3 albums back to back today and it it really is one epic, yet emotionally wrenching, listening experience. Tom Englund’s voice is incredibly mesmerizing and they somehow nail the emotion in each song, from the lyrics, to song-writing, to performances and production.

Yes, I’m a fanboy.

EDIT: Oh @Murph check out the lyric video for Teramaze’s new single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oofj4VFG7sk

I was ecstatic to read that they got their original vocalist (Brett) back after he took a sabbatical and they recorded Her Halo without him. He brings the metal, while their stand-in vocalist (Nathan Peachy) was too clean. Their new album might just challenge Evergrey for my favourite album of 2019… If they manage to do that, it will be a momentous achievement, given how great The Atlantic is.

Great track in every sense of the word. I’d heard it on Deezer, never seen the lyric video though.

1 Like
2 Likes

Just going to paste a link spotify, because I am lazy like that. BUT ITS NEW BAD RELIGION DAY!

Whoo hoo!

1 Like
1 Like

@FarligOpptreden new Myrath album out but you probably know that already

What?! NO! I didn’t know that! Oh glorious year… This year brings me new Evergrey, Myrath AND Teramaze!

EDIT: Queued it for listen via Apple Music for my drive back home. I’m gonna take it slow to savour the new music. Thanks Mr @Murph for making my day!

I got your back bro. Will give it a spin on my proper system when I get home tonight.

3 songs in and I’m blown away… Definitely their best work yet.

Edit: Somehow, sitting in traffic, listening to this album while staring at Table Mountain makes the world feel right.

Edit 2: And just like that the ecstasy waned to confusion and disappointment as the album progressively (see what I did there?) declined to the utter low of “Stardust”. The song started out so promising, but by the time the chorus struck me I sat in the car scrunching up my face in agony. What the hell were they thinking with that song??? At least it kinda picked up after that with “Mersal”, but the bitter taste was still in my mouth after unarguably the weakest song Myrath has EVER released. What would’ve easily been my top album of 2019 sadly couldn’t unseat Evergrey’s “The Atlantic”. Now for the new Teramaze to hit…

Just finished listening to it - from track 6 it sounds like a different album all together. Pretty decent on the whole though, I like it. No Holding Back is the standout for me on the second half.

Stardust is a pretty bollocks track I agree.

I stopped at home just after Mersal, so haven’t finished the last couple of tracks yet. Screaming baby is finally asleep now, so now it’s dinner time and then I’ll give the album another go…

Its Wednesday so how about getting out of your comfort zone??

The lyrics are really special…

2 Likes

No seriously, the lyrics…

2 Likes
1 Like

Perfect for this wet cape town weather

1 Like