Sounds like a hodgepodge.
I watched one of the Afrikaans shows once and the guy kept saying gooi everything in.
I live in Natal, the last British outpost.
We haven’t named it. For my safety I call it delicious
Yep. We normally make a moerby breakfast, aka break eggs into a pan, add leftover mince or whatever we find into the pan. It is a hodgepodge of everything from meat, to spinach to mushrooms and onions
If I make it for dinner I replace the eggs with pasta or rice
Those are super tasty!
I’ve never heard of it either.
Its what you do when you live on a tiny budget and have to stretch everything, and you are tired of eating the same thing over and over
My personal version of that would be a toasted sandwich with leftovers in it.
we fry onions, tomatoes and whatever is leftover and chuck it on pasta or rice.
I found melktert liquor at Makro. On bottle #2 already (although my mom has been drinking some too)
Dont drink that shit. It makes you forget. I made the mistake of putting two of those bottles in a funnel. it didnt not end well.
Ya, it is definitely dangerous.
Just make your own
- 1 375 ml bottle Vodka (you can reduce it to 300 ml if you prefer less kick)
- 1 395 gram (300ml) tin of condensed milk (use up to two cans to make it thicker and sweeter)
- 1/2 of a 375 ml tin evaporated milk
Ground cinnamon to serve
- Mix well, using a food processor or whisk, and bottle, or simply pour the ingredients into a bottle and shake well
- Keep in the fridge.
- Shake well before pouring into shooter or shot glasses.
- Sprinkle each ‘melktertjie’ with ground cinnamon and serve chilled.
ja dis is way tastier than the already mixed version from the bottle store… Russian bear vodka makes for awesome melk tertjies (and its cheap)
That sounds even more dangerous!
I like it!
It tastes better (I make mine without the cinnamon - I hate the stuff)
Cinnamon is fine, I’m more concerned with the condensed milk. Way too sweet, makes me shudder.
That is why you mix it with evaporated milk
And nope to melktert in the eating form - cant touch it
Why not both?!