What do you do when you can't sleep

Like the title says, what do you do when you wake up at 2:00AM (thanks mosquito) and can’t get back to sleep. I end up watching stuff (youtube, series, movies)

3 Likes

Have a half glass of wine. Watch youtube. Play minecraft. [REDACTED]…

5 Likes

Not trying to belittle insomnia as I only ever could not sleep the day before Comrades.

I normally roll over, close my eyes and go back to sleep.

4 Likes

I’m a horrible insomniac and don’t get nearly enough sleep, averaging only about 4 hours a night at the moment.

YouTube, Reddit, MEW, Sudoku, Poker on the phone were always my first stops on nights (mornings?) when I just couldn’t sleep. Then I realised that the phone and tablet were probably part of the problem.

Now I just try the same approach @Oltman takes - roll over and try go to, or go back to, sleep. I just don’t have the same results as he does. :sleeping:

4 Likes

I am one of those lucky ones who falls asleep quickly as soon as my head hits that pillow. Having said that, I am very much of a night owl so that head is only hitting the pillow fairly late into the night.

Insomnia is no joke. My wife struggles with sleeping at night. She’s tried every possible solution under the sun. I remember the one time she found this podcast on Spotify where this lady tells stories about “nothing” to help you fall asleep. In her soft, gentle voice she tells a story with so many diversions that the plot becomes so irrelevant you stop following it and drift off :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Sounds like one of my stories

3 Likes

You should record yourself and put it on Spotify, you never know how many insomniacs you could help!

3 Likes

Spotify be damned! I see “Murfle’s Sleepytime Stories - The App”. First 2 stories are free, then $1.99/month subscription gets you 2 new stories per month. :grinning: :money_mouth_face: :moneybag:

5 Likes

What do I do when I can’t sleep? Well, I give the reason I cannot sleep a new bottle and change her diaper and hope she sleeps again.

7 Likes

There are YouTube videos about kids stories like that as well. Our son falls asleep within 5 minutes when he watches those. We reserve it for the evenings that he really doesn’t want to go to bed…

3 Likes

When I can’t sleep I toss and turn and lie in bed being annoyed that I can’t sleep.

1 Like

7 Likes

I generally have some water and do super deep breaths or guided meditation apps help, boring voices help me sleep so i chose the most unexpressive voice.

3 Likes

One of those nights for me, too much in the mind and analysing too much. So here I sit watching a complete story of Destiny up until today’s latest update.

3 Likes

I tend to read or put something on like big bang theory, I need that as a white noise to fall asleep too. I even turn the tablet away from me and just listen.

And then my thc capsules, plus of late I take a strong sleeping tablet/mood balancing thing. But not a fan of how it makes me feel

1 Like