What SIGSTART is busy working on

Definitely. @GregRedd also suggested that and it needs to go on the list.

2 Likes

Oh sorry. Didn’t see that. Here’s your thunder back @GregRedd :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha! Not my intention, just spreading the credit :wink:

2 Likes

On the subject of Instagram… how about selecting a picture from the screenshots thread and doing something like a daily screenshot post? Tag the game and developer if they have Instagram accounts, maybe put a MEW logo on it somewhere as well?

There’s also a pretty neat IFTTT applet that will pull any new Instgram posts from an account and automatically post to Twitter with the image embedded in the tweet as opposed to a link. But that needs to be set up by the Twitter account person.

3 Likes

Cool idea! Are you volunteering? :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously, if we could get a few people on a schedule to help with the Instagram so it doesn’t all have to fall on @Entity’s shoulders that would be sweet. @Wyvern has already volunteered — we just need to show her the ropes.

I’ll keep this in the back of my head… Right now @Entity is posting screenshots of new articles to Instagram and it seems to be working very well, so I don’t want to mess with that. But I also don’t want those posts automatically pulled through to Twitter.

Zapier might have a way to do this without triggering on new article posts. But that will likely be a “Pro” feature. Still, I’ll look into it and the second it’s worth getting Zapier Pro I’ll get it.

3 Likes

I was going to offer to do this eventually. Was just going to give my ‘routine’ some time to ‘settle in’.

I was going to start styling the insta to be a bit more visually appealing by using shots from the gaming screenshots.

Like this, but instead if the quote have the articles.

but it’s all just ideas. I was going to ‘pitch’ it in a couple of weeks if I felt up to it.

The way instagram works is more than one person can be logged in using the account so anyone can do their own thing at the same time. But I don’t mind doing the screenshot thing when I’m able.

3 Likes

That would be awesome! It also sounds like it would need some co-ordination to pull off, so let us know how you want to do it.

1 Like

Ok, So I’ve slept on it and this is what I’ve got…

To do the way I originally suggested will be quite difficult to co-ordinate seeing that a game screenshot would need to be posted before an article post is added, and then after again, for each article! I don’t think that will work out and will get quite tedious.

So new idea, this…

(Flower pictures changed for awesome gaming screenshots)
(Hippie quotes changed to awesome gaming article images)

Just a bit of a different layout but this way article images can get posted 3 at a time, then when the game images are needed they can be posted all at once. If need be the article images can wait for the gaming shots. That will make it a bit easier.

So, I’m ok to do this but if someone wants to help it should be simple enough. The sequence would be as follows then:

• Post article #1
  • Post article #2
  • Post article #3
    Now articles can wait, until someone does game shots.
  • Post 3 game shots all at once doing the hashtags and dev tags and all(3 separate posts)

Repeat…

We can post here or in a separate thread for ‘Insta’ when gaming shots are needed like we do the calling for edits. Maybe when I’ve (or whoever) posted 3 articles I can call for ‘Shots!’ or something.

As was suggested we can put a logo on the images posted to promote us more. I’ll go dig for that link to the rhino image.
I’m also assuming that we’ll start plucking the images from ‘gaming screenshots’ thread right?
For my other photo insta feature pages we use this app to do the watermarks. It’s free on android and iOS and works with transparency… if interested

So yeah, sorry for the long post. That’s the plan. I can start it off for everyone to see at first then if anyone wants to join in, just say. I’ll continue the ‘networking’ side as well.

Just give the go-ahead.

4 Likes

Dude! That last image… right in the feels.

This sounds like a great plan to me.

To quote Captain Pike:

Punch it!

2 Likes

2 Likes

I also say go for it

I want to offer to help, just right now is a bit difficult, we are having some family issues, that will take a bit of time. Once I am on an even keel again I can help

2 Likes

I have no idea what is going on in this thread, other than people coming forward to lend a helping hand and others applauding those who do! We are going places, people!

I see you!
I recognise the effort!
I appreciate you!

4 Likes

I see the ghost to discord posting is working nicely

3 Likes

Regarding the Insta, I see we got a like from Alanah Pearce

Don’t worry. I did follow her

4 Likes

Holy damn! Does that mean we’re famous now?

2 Likes

Yeah! I was in two minds about the author being pulled through like that, but I think I like it.

Noice!

Firefly%20-%20We%20can%20retire

3 Likes

100000000000000000 internet points for the best firefly reaction in a while

2 Likes

It’s an automated like

2 Likes

Aw, I’ll take it anyway :slight_smile:

Imgur

2 Likes