What was the last movie that you watched?

Godzilla Vs. Kong

That is how you direct a titan movie!

Probably been mentioned here but just finished watching NOBODY with the wife. What a superb movie, I give it a recommended out of watch it or not.

Another note, we watched The Wish Dragon I think it was called. Another good family movie with a good message for the kids.

2 Likes

Yesterday we had some family movie time (mostly while I cooked).

and

4 Likes

Raya was awesome!

2 Likes

Currently busy watching “Awake” on Netflix. This is my first post on MEW so I don’t know how to do links and stuff yet.

Edit: thanks @GregRedd for the embedded thingy!

5 Likes

Welcome to MEW @Ani :wave:

Head on over to the Welcome Wagon when you’re done wandering through our cluttered corridors. @Wyvern has the keys to the lock on the cookie jar. (You might also bump into @DieGrootHammer there. Just give him a chicken and he’ll leave you alone.)

I got you sorted. :smiley:

4 Likes

Watched The Dead Don’t Die on Netflix. Jim Jarmusch zombie horror dramedy. Couple of years old now, but just added to the library. Very eclectic ensemble cast (Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Tilda Swinton, Chloë Sevigny, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover, Caleb Landry Jones, Rosie Perez, Iggy Pop, Sara Driver, RZA, Selena Gomez, Carol Kane, Austin Butler, Luka Sabbat and Tom Waits) and a bit of a Twin Peaks vibe in the setting. Very deadpan humour, slow burning pace, probably not everybody’s cup of cinema. If you’re expecting a Zack Snyder Army of the Dead experience, this ain’t it.

6½ reanimated bodies / 10

4 Likes

I’ve had this on the backlog pretty much since it came out… If you’re not expecting Army of the Dead, what should you be expecting?

Watched Black Widow tonight, quite good. Much more substance and humour than I expected, and the action sequences were very good. Florence Pugh and David Harbour were especially good in this one.

1 Like

Very droll, deadpan and dark humour, very slow, shambling zombies with odd quirks, including Iggy Pop looking for coffee, an odd 4th wall thing where Adam Drivers character knows the outcome of the story, Tilda Swinton in a Scottish accent expertly wielding a samurai sword, no major explosions but some very satisfying zombie decapitations.

Stuff like that. It’s esoteric, weird and a bit off-key David Lynch throughout.

2 Likes

Rewatched Wall-E again after so many years. What an experience!

3 Likes

I tried watching it, got about 30mins in and gave up - not my kind of humor

1 Like

Watched The Tomorrow War. Typical sci-fi movie, kind of an Aliens and Prometheus vibe at times, and it has some time travel stuff in there.

All in all a good action flick

3 Likes

Awake was good, my only problem was with the ending.

Netflix seems to have the same end movie formula for all their apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic content. No resolution, just more questions.

2 Likes

I have a thing against zombies in movies/games. I tend to not watch or play them.

2 Likes

It was a cool action flick, but it had a major flaw in the premise that bugged me from the start. Still, was enjoyable and the CG was good.

I think I absolutely have to watch this. It looks fantastic!

Edit: watched it last night, enjoyed it quite a bit. My favourite bit was the part that was not in the script :joy:

1 Like

We watched Black Widow over the weekend. I enjoyed it. Then we re-watched Infinity War and End Game.

4 Likes

I watched F9 yesterday. Just wow.
I love the Fast franchise, but man, this movie. There were times brain tapped out for a few seconds.
At one point I think I may have audibly said (was wearing headphones): “Go fuck yourself”.
And the was one point where I realised the rest of the movie going forward is an alternate reality.

5/10

1 Like

Well the movies did get more and more outrageous over time.

1 Like

*FTFY

2 Likes