What's for dinner

Sounds like a hodgepodge.

1 Like

I watched one of the Afrikaans shows once and the guy kept saying gooi everything in.

1 Like

I live in Natal, the last British outpost.

We haven’t named it. For my safety I call it delicious

Yep. We normally make a moerby breakfast, aka break eggs into a pan, add leftover mince or whatever we find into the pan. It is a hodgepodge of everything from meat, to spinach to mushrooms and onions

If I make it for dinner I replace the eggs with pasta or rice

1 Like

Those are super tasty!

I’ve never heard of it either.

Its what you do when you live on a tiny budget and have to stretch everything, and you are tired of eating the same thing over and over

My personal version of that would be a toasted sandwich with leftovers in it.

2 Likes

we fry onions, tomatoes and whatever is leftover and chuck it on pasta or rice.

1 Like

I found melktert liquor at Makro. On bottle #2 already (although my mom has been drinking some too)

1 Like

Dont drink that shit. It makes you forget. I made the mistake of putting two of those bottles in a funnel. it didnt not end well.

3 Likes

Ya, it is definitely dangerous.

Just make your own

1. 1 375 ml bottle Vodka (you can reduce it to 300 ml if you prefer less kick)
  2. 1 395 gram (300ml) tin of condensed milk (use up to two cans to make it thicker and sweeter)
  3. 1/2 of a 375 ml tin evaporated milk

Ground cinnamon to serve

1. Mix well, using a food processor or whisk, and bottle, or simply pour the ingredients into a bottle and shake well
  2. Keep in the fridge.
  3. Shake well before pouring into shooter or shot glasses.
  4. Sprinkle each ‘melktertjie’ with ground cinnamon and serve chilled.
2 Likes

ja dis is way tastier than the already mixed version from the bottle store… Russian bear vodka makes for awesome melk tertjies (and its cheap)

2 Likes

That sounds even more dangerous!

I like it!

1 Like

It tastes better (I make mine without the cinnamon - I hate the stuff)

Cinnamon is fine, I’m more concerned with the condensed milk. Way too sweet, makes me shudder.

1 Like

I prefer the eating-kind of melktert

3 Likes

That is why you mix it with evaporated milk

And nope to melktert in the eating form - cant touch it

Why not both?!