Who is the nicest online. . .

According to Reddit we suck!

I have to agree to tho, just looking at the comments - it shows why we have a rather toxic community

6 Likes

Yikes.

Just FYI, MEW is by some distance the most civil forum I’ve ever been on. Most others are a cesspool compared to this place. Don’t judge us by looking at Reddit comments; the entire site should just be purged with fire. It’s beyond radioactive.

How do you objectively measure online civility anyway?

Man, ek raak sommer vies.

3 Likes

Top comment was majestic, and then ruined by the edit

2 Likes

Also, there is no way the Aussies could be in second. Or the 'Muricans in third, for that matter.

3 Likes

NO F$%@ING WAY!!!

But yes, MEW stands as a light on a hill in the dark cesspool of the internet!

4 Likes

I think MEW is special in that way - Its why I call it home, there is fun and games, but never anything toxic

4 Likes

I think that post is fake im going to go on reddit and give them a piece of my mind. ( hmm maybe thats the issue here )

2 Likes

It’s a real thing, I looked it up. For 2018, we were 21st out of 22 nations surveyed. You can even read reports per individual country.

Interesting point: It’s not just online message board behaviour. The index includes unsolicited electronic contact, and online hoaxes. We rank well above the global average in those areas. I.e., scammers and telemarketers are making us look worse. Name-calling and social media harrassment are also higher than the norm here. It’s shameful.

3 Likes

I must live on a different part of the internet compared to those researchers.

3 Likes

Im on a couple hobby forums.
South African forums you need the best equipment to be accepted, the UK guys just think it’s cool you are participating in the hobby

3 Likes

Would have to agree, SA players are quite toxic

2 Likes

It just sucks. But its true i have seen some Toxic players thats kinda why i moved away from it.