Why RGB your stuff?

Why would you RGB your case, components or accessories. Why not just have a piano black finish case?

2 Likes

Why care…just go Arctic White

2 Likes

It’s an interesting one. I actually struggled to find stuff that wasn’t full of RGB lights. My case is RGB free but my motherboard has a small amount of RGB lights and my cooler is the big RGB light provider. Last night it was pulsing so brightly that I thought about putting a towel over my machine.

Will just download software to change it to just pulse a red light. I like that. My headphones and mouse currently does that. It’s so pretty.

1 Like

I honestly am not a huge fan of all the colours - I like the use on keyboards and mice

but boxes shouldnt be all sparkly

aka

I game in the dark the rgb flickers can trigger migraines or nausea

1 Like

Thats it, I don’t like random lighting in my peripheral vision.

2 Likes

Pulsing or flickering or changing lights i am not too much a fan of, but a static light that is just shinning is fine with me.

1 Like

I love RGB.

My sister saw all the RGB stuff in my PC and got me an RGB toilet bowl light as a joke present

4 Likes

I dont RGB because bugs.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the understated look. My chosen colour scheme is black and green, so I went for a black case with green fans. No disco lights and rainbow colours. It’s subtle and effective. RGB can look great if done right, but like many forms of decoration, simply looks awful if you overdo it.

2 Likes

I love RGB on mice and keyboards. No lighting, no use from me.

I’m kinda divided on cases though. I have a case with a nice long RGB strip wrapping around it, but seldom, if ever, activate it.

1 Like

because black with a red glow looks cooler

or in my case, white with a red glow

2 Likes

RGB opens up option for change. If rainbow isn’t your thing then - blue theme etc.

Why settle for one plain colour :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Because I like it like that… :grinning:

4 Likes

Because i get bored with just one colour… and i like to change it up all the time. But that being said at the moment everything is set to rainbow lights when my pc is on idle. when i actually use it i pick one colour and also dont let anything pulsate.

3 Likes

Initially i wasn’t a big fan of RGB but then i got my first RGB keyboard and it was glorious. And with my recent upgrade i bought some RGB ram and man does it look pretty :laughing:

5 Likes

I wanted to add, a backlit keyboard absolutely makes sense, no matter the colour. Mine is RGB capable but I keep it set to green to match the rest of the build.

3 Likes

I like the idea of RGB. Back in the day, you went with a colour theme and stuck with it. In practice, synchronising all the RGB components can be a pain.

The Gigabyte software for my GPU would not set properly and would mess up the G.Skill RAM RGB.
My Corsair ML fans need their own controller and software.
The AMD Wraith ring and logo is not controllable via Asus Aura Sync.

All this means I end up switching everything I can off!
There’s no real disadvantage to RGB and I found that there wasn’t much to be saved by buying non-RGB components, when I upgraded a year ago.

1 Like

I had fun with the RGB on my keyboard, playing around with the different patterns, animations etc. But after that initial period it’s pretty much been set on a static pattern of the whole spectrum from left to right.

My graphics card’s RGB looks pretty cool, but I hardly see it with where my case is situated.

Love lots of lights. All my stuff is rgb, except the ram which is led.

I’m also not a fan of RGB.

At Computex this year I first discovered Gamdias. Really solid gear, and the Ancient Greek angle has so much potential… but everything they have is RGB :frowning:

1 Like