Words men know but women don't and vice versa

I came across this on twitter. I though it might be interesting to see how many words you recognise?

I know all the male ones.

I recognise kohl from playing Pharaoh :slight_smile:
I recognise verbena from rpgs

4 Likes

Know all the male ones, female ones I know doula, and I’m pretty sure chambray is a sparkling wine of some sort.

2 Likes

Nope, I looked it up now.

chambray

/ˈʃambreɪ/

noun

1. a cloth with a white weft and a coloured warp.
3 Likes

In what language are these words, because I refuse to believe this is English…

4 Likes

I fail as a male as I did not know what neodymium was, or at least didn’t remember until I looked it up…

1 Like

Ok out of the male words I didn’t know femtosecond, thermistor and piezoelectric…
and female words was peplum, jacquard and pessary…

2 Likes

I didn’t know many of those words (even some of the male ones), but “parsec” was a definition I liked:

parsec , unit for expressing distances to stars and galaxies, used by professional astronomers.

I know the online, multiplayer app called “Parsec”, and this definition makes sense for an app that allows players far away to play together.

3 Likes

I know “espadrille” as well… So it might be that the doula was wearing espadrilles.

EDIT: And jacquard. So adding to my boasting of knowing fancy female words, the doula was wearing jacquard espadrilles. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What about phrases only one sex knows?

Like, “Ask for directions”, or “You have enough shoes”.

2 Likes

Know about three quarters of the manly ones, half of the ladynesses. I might know a few more but I’m not 100% certain.

2 Likes