World of Warcraft Classic

I know many of you are former WoW players. It seems that Blizzard is releasing World of Warcraft Classic. Release date is August 27th 2019.

WHAT IS WOW CLASSIC? Azeroth As It Was

The drums of war thunder once again… Return to a lost era of Azeroth and experience the timeless stories that defined this world at war.

World of Warcraft Classic is a faithful recreation of the original World of Warcraft—it runs a bit smoother on today’s computers, but the game still looks and feels like you’re playing World of Warcraft from 2006. Combat mechanics, original character models and skill trees all contribute to a truly authentic experience, as do your interactions with other players. Your reliance on others to take on the world was at the heart of the original WoW and is at the heart of World of Warcraft Classic.

1. Experience the game as it was before the release of any of its expansion sets, and journey back to its beginnings.
  2. Venture forth into epic encounters such as Molten Core, Onyxia and Maraudon at launch—as players progress, we’ll introduce more content like Alterac Valley, the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort and Naxxramas.
  3. Keep an eye on the ongoing discussions and news to see the latest World of Warcraft Classic updates!

Whats the appeal of it?

2 Likes

If WoW in general wasn’t subscription based i would play it since it is one of my favourite universes.

I am def going to play. Everyone that played vanilla, will know that what wow has become now is lame. Just too easy and no effort has to be put in. Just grind grind grind.

Everything went downhill after TBC.

Things like having to summon people with a summoning stone to a raid/instance.
Having mount was a luxury that you could only afford LONG after level 20.

3 Likes

Used to play Wow at a friend’s house when I was younger. But I think the servers name was warmane or something like that really loves the game but it’s massive. Had trouble getting to know who’s who and what’s going on and where to go next, but none the less very fun

1 Like

I knew the world of Azeroth better than I knew my own neighbourhood O_o

2 Likes

Those old WoW videos and machinimas are going to be relevant again.

2 Likes

I’ve never played WoW. I really wanted to back in the day but couldn’t afford it and didn’t have proper internet.

2 Likes

I’ve also never played WoW.

1 Like

It all depends on the pricing and if there are subs, if I have to pay a sub I wont go back. I loved vanilla wow, and still feel nostalgic, but I refuse to pay a sub - it ends up feeling like paying to work.

Otherwise I will not go back to wow

WAAAAHT!!! REALLY?

WAAAAHT!!! REALLY? !!!

Still on the normal subscription base. I am going to just try buy game time on special somewhere

Haha yes really.

wtf. Like someone saying they have never watched LOTR or Star Wars. Do not trust people that have not played WoW, and have not watched the 2 above O_o

1 Like

Never played WoW member checking in.

1 Like

Wow, we are actually a lot of people who never played WoW.

2 Likes

Then fuckem :stuck_out_tongue:

I have watched I am just not a huge fan of either. The LOTR books where better

2 Likes

I am so proud of you

1 Like

It must have been at a time when I didn’t have a proper PC and Internet so I missed out on it.

2 Likes

I’ve watched both of those. And I watched The Guild :smiley:

2 Likes