WTH is: Balenciaga

I follow ColdFusion on Youtube and he always has great insight into current tech and finance stories. Recently he did a video on AI and there was a piece on the Pope wearing a Balenciaga jacket. I have never heard of the brand but I kicked my Googl-fu into to gear! That was a mistake.

Balenciaga is a Spanish super luxury fashion house with eye wateringly high prices. Even higher than Edgars!

Their 2023 summer collection is pretty dystopian, and does not look at all comfortable… It is also completely devoid of colour and thus made the Pope’s white puffer jacket more interesting.

But, like often is the case with the super rich and their favourite brands, the fashion house has also seen some controversy in using child models in questionable outfits and poses. I see a trend there but refuse to look any deeper into that!

I was ready to just leave the topic there, but modern technology will not let you forget! So my Youtube now had a bunch of Balenciaga themed videos in the suggestions!

Below are a few videos at least in line with the AI theme that led me down this rabbit hole. Using AI quite a few creators merge Balenciaga with favourite movies with hilarious efficiency!

Harry Potter

Star Wars

Marvel

My favourite has to be the Simpsons episode / promo / advert on the official Balenciaga channel, which is funnily enough very self aware about the follies of fashion!

4 Likes