Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

I’m gonna be completely honest. I watched the full presentation again, properly this time with no interruptions. I usually love Bethesda games (Oblivion is still my favourite), but if Starfield wasn’t coming to GP I probably would have waited for a sale. I’m in the camp where Space Game (usually) = Boring Game. I’m all about that Fantasy or a blend of the two. The crafting / building is also really off putting to me as is the fact that (it looks like) they’re still using Creation (i.e Gamebryo). I mean I’ll play it for sure, but I’m way more excited to get my hands on Avowed.

3 Likes

I definitely will give Starfield a try, but I am worried that over the “1000 planets” that there will be a lot of copy and pasting, a lot of bases, npcs, and assets just looking the same. I am also very worried that the planets will be empty, that I could fly for miles and there just be some mountains or deserts with no life, or the same repeating wildlife in the same pack sizes, over and over again. Of course I am not expecting every single thing to be different and unique, there is only so many ways to make a steel space wall look different, but I at least don’t want to see the same bearded NPC with the one white scared eye, on 100 different planets.

4 Likes

If the showcase left you hankering for more, here’s the extended edition going live at 7:00pm

Are you ready for the Xbox Games Showcase Extended? Because, ready or not, it’s right here :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

Catch some new trailers, deep looks at the news from the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, and interviews with some top game creators.

2 Likes

All the big bits from the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase recapped in one big post on Xbox Wire.

1 Like