Xbox Game Pass

Now over 500 unique games on Game Pass.

And a lot more planned heading into the future (that we know about).

PlayStation’s “Project Spartacus” will have some serious catching up to do once it launches.

3 Likes

Briefly saw mention of this on Twitter earlier today, but I can’t find the tweet now. Seems to be valid though, because I’ve just had a look myself.

Someone discovered that if you search for Game Pass games in the recently updated Microsoft Store app on your desktop, in addition to showing you the discount you will get if you buy the game, there is now also a date attached to that discount. The assumption is that the Game Pass discount will be valid until the game is removed from the GP library.

So, for example, this is the Firewatch store page at the moment:

According to that, the 20% Game Pass discount is valid “through 2022/12/16”. Game Pass games leave the library mid-month or end of the month, so the 16th of December tracks. It’s also exactly a year to the day after Firewatch was added to the library.

Going to check tomorrow using Yakuza 4. Game Pass announcements are typically made on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Yakuza 4 - and some other Yakuza games - shows its Game Pass discount is valid “through 2022/02/01” meaning that it will probably be leaving Game Pass on 31 January, and then revert back to normal price on 1 February.

So if there’s a third party game in the GP library that you’re curious to see when it’s leaving, look it up in the MS Store app and check when the Game Pass discount expires. I haven’t had a chance yet to check if the same info is available in the Store App on the Xbox. Will have a looky look later tonight or tomorrow.

ETA - some other games that have a 31 Jan or 01 Feb discount validity and therefore should be confirmed to be leaving the library at the end of the month:

• Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Yakuza 5 Remastered
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • Control
  • The Medium
4 Likes

Oh crap, so I need to complete Plague Tale in the next coming weeks… I have it on Epic as well, but my progress is on Game Pass. I’m about half way through the game.

2 Likes

Yeah, I recently downloaded it to Xbox but don’t see myself then playing or finishing it in the given timeline.

2 Likes

Really interested to see how Rainbow 6 Extraction is implemented on PC game pass on Thursday. I am planning to play that game a lot and might just buy it.

2 Likes

Fortunately it’s not too long of a game (approx 12 hours total) so you’ll be able to finish it. It is well worth it for the final battle!

1 Like

Games leaving Game Pass is the biggest downside of the service - understandable, but still sucks when that game you’ve been meaning to play is now leaving. Maybe if they could give earlier warning so that you’ve got a better chance of finishing the game. At least with a the method @GregRedd shared you can check up on that game you’re saving for a rainy day.

3 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass:

EVERY GAME EVER MADE!!! (apparently after the news of MS’s acquisitions)

6 Likes

We also announced today that Game Pass now has more than 25 million subscribers.

Sneak Peek at today’s Coming Soon Games

Dates and details soonish…

3 Likes

My Game Pass is expiring on Friday I think. Will have to do the whole Live Gold trick to buy another 3 years.

3 Likes

Please let us know if that still works, and where and how you go about doing it. Think I have another 2 or 3 months to go on my current sub.

2 Likes

They’re killing it.

2 Likes

This just in: Sony releasing PlayStation Studio PC games, including God of War and Uncharted, on Game Pass for PC!

This is the headline that will make time implode on itself…

2 Likes

Death’s Door! Oooh yeah

3 Likes

Awesome game. Glad to have it on xbox as well as PC.

1 Like

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Here’s the just confirmed Game Pass games for the second half of January.

Available Today (18 January)

• Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Investigate murders, search for clues, and talk to your classmates to prepare for trial. There, you’ll engage in deadly wordplay, going back and forth with suspects. Dissect their statements and fire their words back at them to expose their lies!

• Nobody Saves the World (Cloud, Console, and PC) Day One Release
    When the ancient Calamity re-awakens, who can save the world? Nobody! (That’s you, you’re Nobody.) Master the art of transformation to become a Slug, Ghost, Dragon, and more. Combine your forms to create powerful hybrids and defeat the forces of evil. Join a friend for online co-op and save the world together!

Coming 20 January

• Death’s Door (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Reaping souls of the dead and punching a clock might get monotonous, but it’s honest work for a Crow. The job gets lively when your assigned soul is stolen, and you must track down a desperate thief to a realm untouched by death – where creatures grow far past their expiry and overflow with greed and power.

• Hitman Trilogy (Cloud, Console, and PC) Day One Release
    Experience the World of Assassination trilogy and become Agent 47, a legendary assassin. Embark on a globetrotting adventure, where hyper-detailed missions are packed full of creative opportunities to take down your targets. Go loud with some serious firepower, steal a disguise, or play as a Silent Assassin. It’s all up to you.

• Pupperazzi (Cloud, Console, and PC) Day One Release
    This dog photography game puts your love for pups to the test. As you take better photos, you’ll unlock new breeds, camera lenses, chew toys, and accessories to dress up dogs with. Don’t just pet and play fetch – save your memories of those very good boys and girls on film.

• Rainbow Six Extraction (Cloud, Console, and PC) Day One Release
    Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction is a tactical co-op FPS for 1-3 players, featuring beloved Operators from the Rainbow Six universe. With deep gear and ability progression, over 90 weapons and gadgets, 12 ever-evolving maps, unpredictable enemy mutations, and 13 dynamic mission types, no experience is ever the same.

• Rainbow Six Siege: Deluxe Edition (PC) (Is already available on Console)
    Available now on Console and Cloud and coming soon to PC Game Pass. Experience explosive 5v5 gameplay, high-stakes competition, and thrilling PVP team battles with over 70 million other players worldwide. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege features an ever-expanding roster of Operators with unique skills, environment destruction as a tactical tool, and limitless opportunities to perfect your strategy.

• Windjammers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) Day One Release
    The best flying disc game of all time is back! With amazing hand-drawn graphics, crazy new moves, gameplay mechanics and awesome new characters and stages, Windjammers 2 is the sequel you’ve been dreaming of.

• Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master (Console and PC) Day One Release
    Drum out high scores by playing along with Don and Ka in Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master! Choose from over 70 songs and play with friends in local multiplayer mode and online ranked matches. Light your drumming spirit on fire!

ICYMI: Recently Added to Game Pass

• Spelunky 2 (Cloud)
  • The Anacrusis (Game Preview)(Cloud)

Leaving Game Pass (31 January)

• Cyber Shadow (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Nowhere Prophet (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Prison Architect (PC)
  • Xeno Crisis (Cloud, Console, and PC)

(No mention of any of the games with discounts expiring at the end of the month leaving the library. So I don’t know. Maybe that idea is all wrong?)

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nobody Saves the World is pretty darn cool.

Just found a really cool way to give Game Pass access to my kids’ PC without a separate sub!

For those interested, do all of these on the family PC:

• make sure your kid’s XBOX account is in your family group: (https://account.microsoft.com/family/home)
  • sign into the 2nd pc’s Store with the account that subs to Game Pass, ex me logging into the family PC’s Store app
  • sign into the XBOX app on the 2nd pc with the XBGP account, example me logging into the XBOX app
  • then sign out of XBOX app
  • sign in with the little one of choice’s account into the XBOX app, example my 9yo with her XBOX account

She now can download any Game Pass game that falls in her age group. So if I want to add Doom, she gets this, and no Doom:

Even if you browse “All PC Games” it only shows games with PEGI 7 or lower games. This is AMAZING!

1 Like

Nice… I didn’t realise that I was doing this all this time, I also control my daughter’s screen time through Microsoft Family, so she doesnt spend too much time playing and she has to ask me to approve her more time before she can continue

1 Like