Xbox Game Pass

Eventually…

GoldenEye 007 has a Game Pass Release date - this Friday!

• James Bond will return to consoles on January 27.
  • Groundbreaking gameplay brought to a new audience, with a few modern touches.
  • Available to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S players via Xbox Game Pass.
2 Likes

I can never not see this:

4 Likes

My nostalgia might be blind, but nothing about that clip makes me excited for Goldeneye…

2 Likes

I have to agree. The only really old games that looks that old that I can still muster is Star Control 2 and 3.

1 Like

Available on Game Pass Now

Hi-Fi Rush (Console, PC)

Hi-Fi RUSH puts you in the beat-up sneakers of Chai, a wannabe rocker wrongfully labeled a “defect” by a sinister tech corporation. Everything in Hi-Fi RUSH automatically syncs to the music, from swinging your trusty guitar to dodging out of the way of an oversized metallic fist.

Players must feel the rhythm to enhance Chai’s actions, pulling off heavy Beat Hits at the end of a combo like a cymbal crash, or syncing up with one of his allies for a devastating tag-team finisher. In Hi-Fi RUSH, every battle is an opportunity to play out your own music video fantasy, seamlessly coordinating all your moves with the soundtrack.

2 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

25 January 2023

Looks like a decent haul for the console bros this time around. Grid Legends on Cloud only though? Is it already available for Console and PC? Hot Wheels Unleashed is back on the slate (I want to say for the third time?) This time round though it is the Game of the Year Edition so hopefully it doesn’t get pulled again at the last minute.

Available Now - Wednesday, 25 January

• Hi-Fi Rush (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
    Feel the beat as wannabe rockstar Chai and his ragtag team fight against an evil megacorp with raucous rhythm combat! From Tango Gameworks comes Hi-Fi Rush, an all-new action game where the world syncs to the music.

Coming Soon - Friday, 27 January

• GoldenEye 007 (Cloud and Console)
    GoldenEye 007 returns to thrill players old and new! The timeless stealth shooter has been faithfully recreated for Xbox consoles, including new achievements, 4K resolution, a smoother framerate and four-player split-screen.

Coming Soon - Monday, 30 January

• Roboquest (Game Preview) (Console)
    Currently with PC Game Pass and coming soon to Xbox consoles!
    Blast your way through hordes of evil bots in procedurally generated environments in solo or 2 player co-op, upgrade your build as you progress and defeat powerful bosses. Be ready to dive into the futuristic world of Roboquest and help mankind find the mysterious and long-forgotten Haven-City.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 31 January

• Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Cloud and Console)
    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is one of the most beloved strategy games ever made and is coming soon to Xbox consoles. Enjoy a new way to play this much-loved game on console including optimizations for playing with a controller and new tutorials to get you into the fun quickly.

• Inkulinati (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    An ink-based strategy game straight from medieval manuscripts, where a rabbit’s bum can be deadlier than a dog’s sword. Take your turn in Inkulinati duels filled with unexpected tactical depth (and humor!). Embark on an ever-changing journey, build your own bestiary, defeat medieval superstars and collect perks to unleash special powers.

• JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R brings Hirohiko Araki’s masterpiece to life in fighting game form! Battle with 50 colorful characters from the world of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, wielding Stands, Hamon, and more! See how characters who could never meet in the story interact when they come face to face! Even newcomers to the fighting game genre can have fun with one-button combos and ultimate moves.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 2 February

• Darkest Dungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring. Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. Not only do unimaginable foes await, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark.

• Grid Legends (Cloud) EA Play
    Buckle up for high-octane racing as Grid Legends comes to Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate via EA Play. Experience edge-of-your-seat motorsport action, an immersive story mode in ‘Driven to Glory’, and stunning racing variety, as recurring EA Play events keep the wheel-to-wheel action alive.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 7 February

• Hot Wheels Unleashed – Game of the Year Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Get ready to drift, boost, jump and crash on the iconic orange tracks with the most beloved Hot Wheels cars! Hot Wheels Unleashed – Game of the Year Edition is coming to Xbox Game Pass on February 7. Let’s ignite the fun!

Leaving Soon - Tuesday, 31 January

• Donut County (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master (Console and PC)
  • Telling Lies (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Worms WMD (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I have no idea when the next announcement date will be. The traditional first and third Tuesday of the month thing is not happening so far this year.

1 Like

Has anyone given Monster Hunter Rise a go? thought of maybe installing it since it is on GamePass.

1 Like

I remember @Beo and @Oltman at least saying they were keen on it.

1 Like

Loving it! Just not having much time between work, life, and loadshedding.

2 Likes

The new Forza HorizonThe Crew game announcement, called Motorfest. I wonder where they got the idea from…

Expect to be delayed in 2023 with more microtransactions than iRacing and NFT minted paint schemes…

5 Likes

Gave it a go… The controls are terrible. Tried with a controller and it is marginally better. Also, I did not expect to spend my first 2 hours reading tutorials…

I think Dauntless is a better (and more fun) game.

2 Likes

hahaha welcome to Monster Hunter, have you not played a MH title?

I disagree with this, but that’s a me thing. I’ve also only really played MH solo. I wanted to get MH Iceborne so many times but the price point was never right for me. But I did dip a few hundred hours into MH:World.

4 Likes

I really like the looks of that Hi-Fi Rush game. Seen a couple streamers playing it and it looks right up my alley.

Sadly I have no hardware to run it… My equipment is too old :frowning:

2 Likes

Sounds like you need a GoFundMe initiative there.

2 Likes

GoFundMe uses real names so that won’t fly… That’s why I have https://ko-fi.com/discobear_ps

1 Like

I know that feeling, that’s why I have been following GeForce Now, as honestly even with the way GPU prices has gone done, getting something like this service seems like a very good investment, and fortunately for us, looks like it is coming to SA soon(ish)

3 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

8 February 2023

Coming Soon - Thursday, 09 February

• Madden NFL 23 (Console and PC) EA Play
    Madden NFL 23 is coming soon to PC Game Pass & Ultimate via EA Play! Give your Ultimate Team a boost and show you’re here to win. EA Play and Ultimate members can score a Supercharge Pack by logging into Madden Ultimate Team between February 9 and March 9, 2023.

• SD Gundam Battle Alliance (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Strange phenomena are twisting legendary moments from Gundam history, and you’re in charge of fixing them. SD Gundam Battle Alliance is a multiplayer Gundam action RPG where you can smash foes solo or with friends in thrilling mechanized combat. Acquire new mobile suits, power them up, and take them into battle in various missions!

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 14 February

• Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Set forth on an epic adventure in a fictional Dark Ages sandbox that combines strategy and action-RPG gameplay. Carve out your own kingdom or champion another’s cause as you explore the vast, reimagined continent of Calradia in this prequel to the critically acclaimed, Mount & Blade: Warband.

Coming Soon - Wednesday, 15 February

• Cities: Skylines – Remastered (Cloud and Xbox Series X|S)
    Cities: Skylines is an award-winning, best-selling management game, now remastered for Xbox Series X|S with all of its robust city-simulation gameplay and unique charm along for the ride. Design, build, and manage the city of your dreams, from public services to civic policies, and challenge yourself to grow from a simple town to a bustling metropolitan hub.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 16 February

• Shadow Warrior 3: Definitive Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore. Experience the Definitive Edition of Shadow Warrior 3 with tons of new features and modes with fast-paced gunplay, razor-sharp melee combat, and a spectacular free-running movement system.

Coming Soon - Tuesday 21 February

• Atomic Heart (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Available on Day One with Game Pass
    In a mad and sublime utopian world, take part in explosive encounters. Adapt your fighting style to each opponent, use your environment and upgrade your equipment to fulfill your mission. If you want to reach the truth, you’ll have to pay in blood.

Leaving Soon - Wednesday, 15 February

• Besiege (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • CrossfireX (Cloud and Console)
  • Infernax (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Recompile (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Skul: The Hero Slayer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Last Kids on Earth (Cloud, Console, and PC)

3 Likes

Atomic Heart is definitely the big headline release there. Interested to see if it will be the next Bioshock.

3 Likes

The bangers just keep on hitting.

3 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

A second small dose of additions for February: two titles being added in the last week of the short month, with another two out in early March.

ICYMI - Available Today, Tuesday, 21 February

• Atomic Heart
    Available on Day One with Game Pass
    In a mad and sublime utopian world, take part in explosive encounters. Adapt your fighting style to each opponent, use your environment, and upgrade your equipment to fulfill your mission.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 28 February

• Merge & Blade (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Experience an addictive fantasy puzzler and a massive auto-battler in the world’s first puzzle auto-battler game! Engage in large-scale battles with monsters with your own squad using merge mechanics. Only your brain can save the world!

• Soul Hackers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Explore a supernatural RPG with stylish summoners and dark dangers lurking under cyberpunk Japan. Join Ringo and her companions to solve the mystery behind an imminent apocalypse in Soul Hackers 2. Strengthen the bonds with your teammates and dive deeper into their soul, reliving their last adventures and discovering the truth of their stories and yours.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 2 March

• F1 22 (Console and PC) EA Play
    PC Game Pass & Ultimate members can get behind the wheel on March 2 as F1 22 joins The Play List with EA Play. Get to grips with the fastest motorsport around. Take your seat in the 2022 season cars, test your skills around Miami International Autodrome, and get a taste of the glitz and glamor in F1 Life.

Coming Soon - Wednesday, 3 March

• Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Available on day one with Game Pass: Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is a dramatic, action-packed story of a nameless militia soldier fighting for survival in a dark fantasy version of the Later Han Dynasty where demons plague the Three Kingdoms. Players fight off deadly creatures and enemy soldiers using swordplay based on the Chinese martial arts, attempting to overcome the odds by awakening the true power from within.

Leaving Soon - Tuesday, 28 February

Remember to use your Game Pass discount to save up to 20% on these games before they get removed!

• Alien: Isolation (Console and PC)
  • Crown Trick (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Far: Changing Tides (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
  • Madden NFL 21 (Console and PC) EA Play
  • Octopath Traveler (Cloud, Console, and PC)

4 Likes