Xbox Game Pass

Ergh, while XGP may have a fantastic selection of games their Xbox App/Microsoft Store is one of the worst and buggy pieces of software ever. I’m trying to download Plague: Tale of Innocence and Gris and keep getting errors after a few MB’s have been downloaded.

I’ve tried reboots, resetting the apps, fixes for Window’s “Delivery Optimization” and nothing seems to be working.

Previously I’ve downloaded games from XGP with minimal issue, but something seems broken at the moment.

1 Like

Could be our internet?

1 Like

Ya I’m beginning to think that is the problem. My ISP hasn’t really seemed to have issues, I can play Apex Legends on the Euro servers with the usual ping. But maybe the routes that MS use are the ones affected.

I tried to download some updates and I’m getting the same issue as you

Ok so it’s likely network related then. Fun times!

People hate on EGS but until you reinstall Windows with MS Store (Xbox app) games still installed you won’t know just how kak the MS app is.

2 Likes

Yup, I had to reformat 3 of my drives just to be able to get rid of the files and reuse them again.

That is the part that scares me - I have the games installed on 3 drives as well.

1 Like

The EGS is far better than MS’s app, even when it was just the Epic Launcher.

There is a way of deleting those remaining game files but you have to use an app to take ownership of the files in the permissions so that you (the administrator) have full control of the files. Bit of a pain really. It’s all very well that MS wants to manage these things for you, but the fact that it often doesn’t work and thus requires jumping through various hoops to fix is a pain!

1 Like

Coming Soon to Game Pass for Console

Coming Soon to Game Pass for PC

6 February (that’s today!!)

• Final Fantasy XV (Console & PC)
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Console & PC)

13 February

• Death Squared (Console)
  • Death’s Gambit (PC)
2 Likes

Too much to play!!! They are killing it with content though!

2 Likes

Definitely!

I’m just waiting for the next Ori game, that is on my MUST PLAY NOW list.

1 Like

Just 5 more weeks to go… plenty time to play a bunch of other stuff while you wait.

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for Yakuza to come to PC.

1 Like

Awesome. I’ve wanted Wolfenstein for a while now but didn’t want to buy it due to overwhelmingly bad reviews. Now I can see if they were justified. New Order and the sequel is probably my favourite FPS games ever.

1 Like

Still need to finish 0 and Kiwami before I get Kiwami 2

https://justplaypc.com

If you are having trouble to find what games are included in your gaming subs, then check this page out. It is pretty handy for telling and even rating the games. Select between XGP, Origin and UPlay subs.

You’re welcome!

4 Likes

That is awesome thanks

I gave up my uplay one - they dont want my monies

currently only have the one for xbox pc

1 Like

Coming to Game Pass for Console

February 20

• Ninja Gaiden II

February 25

• Kingdom Hearts III
  • Two Point Hospital
  • Wasteland Remastered

February 26

• Yakuza 0

February 27

• Jackbox Party Pack 3

Coming to Game Pass for PC

(No dates on these, but assume they’re similar to the Console release dates)

• Indivisible
  • Reigns: Game of Thrones
  • Two Point Hospital
  • Wasteland Remastered
  • Yakuza 0
4 Likes

Well well well, Two Point Hospital coming to GP on PC?! That is fantastic news!

3 Likes