Xbox Games Showcase 2020

3 Likes

Official Xbox livestream:

1 Like

The Game Awards Show pre- and post- broadcast is here:

1 Like

And just in case you’re expecting to hear info on the Series X consoles and the like… don’t.

I know everyone is excited for Xbox Games Showcase next Thursday. Seen some wild expectations so if helpful this show has one focus, games. No business, devices or similar news, just games. A whole show about hour long focused on games.

1 Like

From the Pre-showcase Show:

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age

4 December 2020 / JPRG, first time Dragon Quest on Xbox

ExoMecha

Late 2021 / Free to play / multiplayer

Watch Dogs Legion

Echo Generation

Coming 2021 / Turn-based adventure game

Hello Neighbor 2

Sometime 2021

iD @ Xbox Showreel

Lots of interesting looking indie games to look forward to

Balan Wonderworld

New IP from new formed dev, under Square Enix Japan / 3-d platformer / adventure puzzle game / Spring 2021

2 Likes

From the first half of the 2020 Xbox Games Showcase:

Halo Infinite

Trailer and campaign gameplay / Glorious! / Demo gameplay shown / It’s unquestionably a Halo game

State of Decay 3

!whoa! Freaky AF / thought it was a straight up survival game /

Forza Motorsport VII

In engine trailer / ray tracing / looks so, so, so good!! / “early in development” :frowning:

Everwild

Rare do good again / looks magnificent /

Tell Me Why

Dontnod’s next adventure episodic game / Chapter One out 27 August /

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Update

Updated to 120fps, 4K for the XSeries

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon Expansion

Out September 9

Grounded

Obsidian’s “I shrunk the kids and they’re lost in the garden” adventure game / End of the year / July release to Xbox Premiere

2 Likes

From the second half of the Xbox Games Showcase:

Avowed

New first person adventure RPG from Obsidian /

As Dusk Falls

New studio Interior/Night / interactive story game /

Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II

Will be set in Iceland / Check Ninja Theory YouTube channel for new developer diaries /

Psychonauts 2

DoubleFine return / features music with Jack Black /

Destiny 2: Beyond the Light

Bungie bringing Destiny 2 and optimised version to Xbox and GamePass subscribers / 10 November 2020

Stalker 2

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive /

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / 2021

Tetris Effect Connected

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / Global, multiplayer Tetris

The Gunk

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive /

The Medium

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / adventure horror story / dual-reality gameplay / two worlds simultaneously / looks intriguing

New Genesis: Phantasy Star Online 2

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / from Sega / new world, same big sword / coming 2021

Crossfire X

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / campaign / lots of shooty, shooty / multiplayer free to play / coming 2020

Fable

Playground Games / cute trailer, but no info!

All games will be available to Game Pass subscribers. Series X will launch with 100+ games.

This is the best part.

1 Like

Stalker 2 was by far the highlight of the show. Avowed has my interest as well. Halo looks really underwhelming. It looks like the older games with better visual effects.

Dragon Quest coming to game pass is awesome news as well. I see it is the S - Definitive Edition and includes the (pretty damn awesome) 2D mode as well.

1 Like

The wide variety of game styles and genres, and the mix of sequels and new IPs, is what impressed me. There’s a game for every taste and level and style of gamer.

That, and as @DarthMol says, the fact that Game Pass will be the minimum entry into Xbox games in the future is fantastic.

1 Like

Wow that show was amazing! The Xbox lineup blows the PS5 out of the water in my books. Some really great looking games coming, and all of it to Game Pass as well. I mean at this point there is no reason Not to have Game Pass.

Obviously Forza has me super excited, and Halo is going back to its roots and is looking amazing. Crossfire looks crazy good, STALKER 2 and State of Decay 3 is going to be great and Avowed I hope will fill the RPG gap. Just so many crazy good games! And not a single cent to be spent on anyone of them as I already have Game Pass. I mean how fantastic is that

2 Likes

Not your childhood Bambi…

1 Like

Showcase was ok but its sad that the one x is being kicked to the curb so quickly

i suspect state of decay 3 might have a considerable budget compared to the 1st 2 games.
MS said all first party games will appear on the xbox one family of consoles for atleast 2 more years but it seems thats not holding true anymore.

forza must be really early in development cause they only showed laguna seca. and it looks like a reboot cause its just called forza motorsport

i was expecting more gameplay videos

i also
expected atleast something from the initiative.

1 Like

I finally watched the videos!

Oh man, Obsidian with a big budget RPG. I swear it’s a dream come true. They finally have proper financial backing!

So many great games and all for free. Amazing!

@DohcWP why do you think the first party games won’t be coming to current gen xbox one consoles? To me it looks like it will still happen.

Funnily enough I expected more from Halo. It still looks like a current gen Halo. Being a flagship title I expected it to look better.

When I get the console it’s going to be difficult to choose which game to play first.

1 Like

at the end of the trailers of forza and state of decay it only showed series x and pc some of the other trailers showed series x, xbox one and pc

2 Likes

That’s interesting. Didn’t even notice.

I’m also in the “Halo seems underwhelming” camp. Definitely not something I’m going to play, to be honest. On the other hand, Everwild, Avowed, Forza Motorsport 7 and Fable have me incredibly excited. Especially Everwild - it has the same Ori-like feel of emotion, beauty and magic with a hint of melancholy.

2 Likes

These titles might be more than 2 years out probably, as it looks like forza’s assets are made completely from scratch looking at the detail of the trees on laguna seca.

3 Likes

This was the reveal for Halo Infinite (“engine demonstration”):

And this is what the game looks like now:

MS seems to have taken a page out of the Ubisoft book of downgrades. And no I’m not a fanboy trying to throw shade on Xbox. I just don’t like Halo and you can clearly see the downgrade. It doesn’t even look like the same engine.

3 Likes

Here’s their explanation…

Also, they use the blame corona card too, which if we’re honest is a fair point.