Xbox Games Showcase 2020

The first party games are being shown tomorrow at 6pm (according to IGN). Looking forward to seeing what’s coming.

3 Likes

:video_game: Xbox Games Showcase
:spiral_calendar: July 23rd = Thursday
:alarm_clock: 9am PT = 6PM SAST

3 Likes

Geoff Knightly, of the Game Awards fame, will also be hosting a “pre-show” on YouTube Gaming an hour before (5PM in SA) which is promising some world premiere stuff including a reveal of the Halo Infinite campaign.

2 Likes

I made a thread without even making one!

2 Likes

You so clever :wink:

2 Likes

One of two nights in the week I’m not working so I’ll definitely watch this. Hope they have some good stuff lined up. Luckily I won’t need an XSX to play any of the games they show.

1 Like

1 Like

Clearly “pre-shows” are a thing in the gaming world. Ubisoft had a similar thing as well. Not that there was a noticeable difference, it all felt like one “show” really.

1 Like

Frikken autocorrect. :grinning:

Leaving it because I think Knightly is a much better name than Keighley anyway, so deal with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very excited to see what Microsoft has in store for us. I’m hoping for a new Forza Motorsport and a new Fable. From the tweets Halo Infinite will definitely be shown, so hopefully that is also mindblowing

1 Like

3 Likes

Official Xbox livestream:

1 Like

The Game Awards Show pre- and post- broadcast is here:

1 Like

And just in case you’re expecting to hear info on the Series X consoles and the like… don’t.

I know everyone is excited for Xbox Games Showcase next Thursday. Seen some wild expectations so if helpful this show has one focus, games. No business, devices or similar news, just games. A whole show about hour long focused on games.

1 Like

From the Pre-showcase Show:

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age

4 December 2020 / JPRG, first time Dragon Quest on Xbox

ExoMecha

Late 2021 / Free to play / multiplayer

Watch Dogs Legion

Echo Generation

Coming 2021 / Turn-based adventure game

Hello Neighbor 2

Sometime 2021

iD @ Xbox Showreel

Lots of interesting looking indie games to look forward to

Balan Wonderworld

New IP from new formed dev, under Square Enix Japan / 3-d platformer / adventure puzzle game / Spring 2021

2 Likes

From the first half of the 2020 Xbox Games Showcase:

Halo Infinite

Trailer and campaign gameplay / Glorious! / Demo gameplay shown / It’s unquestionably a Halo game

State of Decay 3

!whoa! Freaky AF / thought it was a straight up survival game /

Forza Motorsport VII

In engine trailer / ray tracing / looks so, so, so good!! / “early in development” :frowning:

Everwild

Rare do good again / looks magnificent /

Tell Me Why

Dontnod’s next adventure episodic game / Chapter One out 27 August /

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Update

Updated to 120fps, 4K for the XSeries

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon Expansion

Out September 9

Grounded

Obsidian’s “I shrunk the kids and they’re lost in the garden” adventure game / End of the year / July release to Xbox Premiere

2 Likes

From the second half of the Xbox Games Showcase:

Avowed

New first person adventure RPG from Obsidian /

As Dusk Falls

New studio Interior/Night / interactive story game /

Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II

Will be set in Iceland / Check Ninja Theory YouTube channel for new developer diaries /

Psychonauts 2

DoubleFine return / features music with Jack Black /

Destiny 2: Beyond the Light

Bungie bringing Destiny 2 and optimised version to Xbox and GamePass subscribers / 10 November 2020

Stalker 2

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive /

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / 2021

Tetris Effect Connected

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / Global, multiplayer Tetris

The Gunk

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive /

The Medium

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / adventure horror story / dual-reality gameplay / two worlds simultaneously / looks intriguing

New Genesis: Phantasy Star Online 2

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / from Sega / new world, same big sword / coming 2021

Crossfire X

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive / campaign / lots of shooty, shooty / multiplayer free to play / coming 2020

Fable

Playground Games / cute trailer, but no info!

All games will be available to Game Pass subscribers. Series X will launch with 100+ games.

This is the best part.

1 Like

Stalker 2 was by far the highlight of the show. Avowed has my interest as well. Halo looks really underwhelming. It looks like the older games with better visual effects.

Dragon Quest coming to game pass is awesome news as well. I see it is the S - Definitive Edition and includes the (pretty damn awesome) 2D mode as well.

1 Like

The wide variety of game styles and genres, and the mix of sequels and new IPs, is what impressed me. There’s a game for every taste and level and style of gamer.

That, and as @DarthMol says, the fact that Game Pass will be the minimum entry into Xbox games in the future is fantastic.

1 Like