Xbox Games Showcase 2020

Wow that show was amazing! The Xbox lineup blows the PS5 out of the water in my books. Some really great looking games coming, and all of it to Game Pass as well. I mean at this point there is no reason Not to have Game Pass.

Obviously Forza has me super excited, and Halo is going back to its roots and is looking amazing. Crossfire looks crazy good, STALKER 2 and State of Decay 3 is going to be great and Avowed I hope will fill the RPG gap. Just so many crazy good games! And not a single cent to be spent on anyone of them as I already have Game Pass. I mean how fantastic is that

2 Likes

Not your childhood Bambiā€¦

1 Like

Showcase was ok but its sad that the one x is being kicked to the curb so quickly

i suspect state of decay 3 might have a considerable budget compared to the 1st 2 games.
MS said all first party games will appear on the xbox one family of consoles for atleast 2 more years but it seems thats not holding true anymore.

forza must be really early in development cause they only showed laguna seca. and it looks like a reboot cause its just called forza motorsport

i was expecting more gameplay videos

i also
expected atleast something from the initiative.

1 Like

I finally watched the videos!

Oh man, Obsidian with a big budget RPG. I swear itā€™s a dream come true. They finally have proper financial backing!

So many great games and all for free. Amazing!

@DohcWP why do you think the first party games wonā€™t be coming to current gen xbox one consoles? To me it looks like it will still happen.

Funnily enough I expected more from Halo. It still looks like a current gen Halo. Being a flagship title I expected it to look better.

When I get the console itā€™s going to be difficult to choose which game to play first.

1 Like

at the end of the trailers of forza and state of decay it only showed series x and pc some of the other trailers showed series x, xbox one and pc

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. Didnā€™t even notice.

Iā€™m also in the ā€œHalo seems underwhelmingā€ camp. Definitely not something Iā€™m going to play, to be honest. On the other hand, Everwild, Avowed, Forza Motorsport 7 and Fable have me incredibly excited. Especially Everwild - it has the same Ori-like feel of emotion, beauty and magic with a hint of melancholy.

2 Likes

These titles might be more than 2 years out probably, as it looks like forzaā€™s assets are made completely from scratch looking at the detail of the trees on laguna seca.

3 Likes

This was the reveal for Halo Infinite (ā€œengine demonstrationā€):

And this is what the game looks like now:

MS seems to have taken a page out of the Ubisoft book of downgrades. And no Iā€™m not a fanboy trying to throw shade on Xbox. I just donā€™t like Halo and you can clearly see the downgrade. It doesnā€™t even look like the same engine.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s their explanationā€¦

Also, they use the blame corona card too, which if weā€™re honest is a fair point.

Bottom line is Halo infinite is a game that is built to run on current gen and they cant go and put crazy amounts of detail in it, go crazy with the lighting and effects (we know how bandwidth limited the OG xbox one is) and then its barely playable on the xbox one series of consoles.

this is a current gen game that will be slightly upgraded on the series x (like what Rockstar did with GTA 5 and like gears 5 is going to be on there), this is not like rise of the tomb raider which was a pure next gen game that was downgraded to then run on the 360 back in the day.