Xbox Games Showcase 2023 & Starfield Direct & Showcase Extended

Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct

Sunday, 11 June @ 19:00

Combining a 90-minute Xbox Games Showcase and a dedicated 30-minute Starfield Direct, this year’s Showcase will last around 2 hours.

“Join us for some new surprises and first-looks from our incredibly talented internal studios, and our many creative partners around the world,” Microsoft said. “This is the day gamers have been waiting for to see what is coming to Xbox, PC, and Game Pass.

The Starfield Direct presentation that follows immediately after the Xbox Showcase promises another deep-dive into Bethesda’s upcoming sci-fi RPG.

I’ll not be able to watch this event live so won’t be able to do my usual semi-live updating and trailer posting. If anyone else wants to track the titles and post small descriptions of things feel free. If not, I’ll happily do it, and add trailer links, much later tonight or during the day tomorrow.

2 Likes

Holding out for a release date announcement for Hollow Knight Silksong!

2 Likes

20 minutes in and they are showing some impressive stuff!

Yup it’s a familiar face in this Fable trailer.

An interesting trailer for a 3rd person action game.

Star Wars action

Huge co-op, 33 players!

Heist co-op!

More Persona!

Flight must flow!

Fable, Persona 3, Starfield and this from Obsidian!

Quite the reveal!

It’s hard to keep up, this is some impressive stuff! Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/xbox/hub

2 Likes

Persona 3 Reload. I’m drooling. Glad I didn’t buy the recent PC release of P3P. I just hope they didn’t simplify the social aspects to make it more in line with P4 and P5

1 Like

I started watching the showcase and was disappointed by the image quality of the stream, then realised I was watching the GameAwards stream… The link at the top of this topic, from XBOX, is FAR superior is sound and image quality.

The decider was the quality of the sound in Senua… WOW!

Now I just wait for Starfield…

3 Likes

The only disappointing part of that show was Phil Spencer not elaborating on his choice of shirt

4 Likes

Not sure how I feel about Fable…

My favorite RPG of old, is Fable: The Lost Chapters, so whenever I see the name I tend to have high expectations, especially after the awful anniversary release, hope it turns out great.

33 Immortals, looks like an MMO Hades-like game.

PAYDAY 3 seems to be more of the same, but with more cool gadgets, hey if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but it might suffer from" “Why get the 3rd one when I have the 2nd one that has more content” so early sales may not be too great.

Avowed, there have been quite a few games like these over the years, but I cannot help thinking it looks like skyrim with mods, no idea why, might be the first person view when casting spells always looks a bit weird.

w00t! 2nd Senua game, “Senua’s Saga:Hellbade II” the 1st one was soooo good, I hope they also do a behind the scenes again, was really interesting.

2 Likes

I started Persona 3 FES on PS2 close to launch and never finished it. It’s looooooong. I might get the remake. There is a JP website for it, not much on it yet, but it is slick!

ペルソナ3 リロード | アトラス (p3re.jp)

3 Likes

Ya, it’s like 100+ hours, depending how much time you spend in the velvet room rolling personas. Money well spent to be sure. I’m loving the updated graphics

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the show! The more I’m seeing if Starfield, the more hyped I’m getting. Except the awkward facial animations… But that was to be expected.

2 Likes

Quality was good my side and i watched the ign stream

1 Like

1tb series s looks good, almost like a mini one x

1 Like

You should know that I only link the good stuff. Only the best quality top shelf linkage for the MEWbs :grinning:

3 Likes

It was hilarious (kinda). I decided to watch the broadcast on one of my streamer friend’s channels. When I joined, he was trying to disable windows narrator. I thought something was reading out the closed captions so I said it wouldn’t be windows narrator, or read aloud, or whatever the heck it’s called. We spent some time trying to find a plugin or something doing it.

Ya, he had the [Audio Description] version opened up. :laughing: I mean, the [4k] version that Greg posted here was buried waaaay down.

1 Like

More trailers, first looks, and reveals in this evenings’ Xbox Showcase Extended.

High on Knife (High on Life DLC)

COMING SOON: High On Knife – The DLC to breakout hit High On Life, 2022’s biggest launch on Xbox Game Pass. (Only available for purchase.)

The Lamplighters League

Release date reveal trailer.

Out October 3rd! Sneak, steal, and shoot your way through a world of pulp adventure in The Lamplighters League! Globetrot across a variety of exciting locales around the world and outwit your enemies in strategic turn-based combat - and, if you play your cards right, you might just save the world. Available Day One on Xbox and PC Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S and Cloud.

September and October are looking more and more packed with new games - it’s going to be a busy summer for us.

The First Descendant

The First Descendant, a next-generation third-person free-to-play looter shooter. Nexon Games revealed a never-before-seen Xbox Series X gameplay trailer and announced a Crossplay Beta. Join the Crossplay Beta from August 22 - 28! Apply for crossplay beta: tfd.nexon.com

Fallout 76: Once in a Blue Moon

Launch trailer for new F76 Public Events, Side Quests, and Daily Ops. Coming next week.

The Blue Moon rises over the hills of Appalachia, bringing forth new Cryptids to threaten the mercantile progress of the Blue Ridge Caravan Company. Defend their Brahmin herds and trade routes from crazed Cultists and monstrous creatures in two new Public Events and side quests, plus face enemies infected with a deadly new Daily Ops mutation for a chance to earn new rewards!

Play Once in a Blue Moon on June 20!

Hi-Fi RUSH - Arcade Challenge

New games modes for the breakout rhythm-based action game.

Test your abilities in two new game modes, uncover new rewards and even a few secrets in the Arcade Challenge! Update!

The new BPM RUSH mode tasks players to battle waves of enemies to music with a steadily increasing BPM or beats per minute. As you defeat each wave and tackle toughened-up new foes, the BPM will speed up to the next level, up to a whopping 200 BPM!

In Power Up! Tower Up!, players take on the Rhythm Tower challenge with a new twist. Power Up! Tower Up! introduces Upgrades and Bugs between rounds – Upgrades boost Chai’s stats and provide other helpful boons, but at the cost of a lowered score multiplier. Bugs, meanwhile, boost your score potential and get you closer to those stylish S-Ranks…but at a cost.

The Arcade Challenge! Update! also introduces new Special Attacks starring our mechanical buddies CNMN and Smidge, new challenges to earn new Photo Mode stickers, some new t-shirts for Chai and outfits for Korsica, test out new poses and filters for Photo Mode and MORE!

Phasmophobia

Console release announcement for the highly rated ghost hunting 4-player co-op game. Series X|S early access from August.

Phasmophobia is a 4 player online co-op psychological horror. Paranormal activity is on the rise and it’s up to you and your team to use all the ghost-hunting equipment at your disposal in order to gather as much evidence as you can.

Lies of P

Lengthy gameplay showcase trailer with dev commentary.

Lies of P is a thrilling soulslike that takes the story of Pinocchio, turns it on its head, and sets it against the darkly elegant backdrop of the Belle Epoque era.

Developed and published by NEOWIZ, Lies of P will be released on Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One this September 19. Play the Lies of P Demo now. ( Get Lies of P Demo | Xbox ) ( Lies of P Demo on Steam (steampowered.com) )

ID@Xbox - Game Pass Announcement

It’s not all big bang AAA monster games. Here’s to the indies coming to GP too!

ID@Xbox is proud to announce ten games coming to Xbox Game Pass Day One on Xbox.

All that and a whole lot more in the Showcase. Here’s the sizzle reel:

And the complete Showcase Extended (still the livestream video so jump to 32:00 to skip the “Starting Soon” countdown:

2 Likes

The First Descendant looked damn cool.

2 Likes