Your Best Games of 2021 (so far)

I know that there are still 3 months of gaming goodness to go this year, and with some big releases to boot. But I thought it may be interesting to see what have been your best games of 2021 so far.

The focus is on 2021 releases but you can also mention your top game from any year that you’ve been playing this year.

For me Psychonauts 2 has been my game of the year. I’m still looking forward to BF 2042 and Horizon 5 so we’ll see how those feature, but as it stands, Psychonauts 2 met and exceeded all my expectations for the game.

As for my favourite game to play this year (not released in 2021) it has to be Assetto Corsa Competizione especially with the competitive league races.

2 Likes

My best so far this year is probably Zelda Skyword Sword HD. Hitman III was also really good. Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity came out last year but I spent a lot of time playing it this year and it received DLC in May and I’m really looking forward to the second DLC in October. Lastly, Diablo 2 Resurrected is probably also going to be one of my top games for this year.

3 Likes

Did not think I played any games released this year, Then I saw Mass Effect Legendary Edition was released this year, and I definitely played that :smiley:

I just don’t have the money to just buy games on release anymore, they are so expensive, only way to get current year games is to wait until next year for the steam sales

5 Likes

I don’t think I played too much this year either.
Resident Evil 8 and Cyber Shadow stand out so far. I’m enjoying Diablo II Resurrected and am looking forward to some Nintendo games like Metroid Dread.

4 Likes

I have played and finished the controversial Marvel’s Avengers. Thoroughly enjoyed the campaign experience.

I’ll add here anything else I come to think of.

2 Likes

I also didnt play much that was new, the only game was ME: Legendary Edition

So that will be what I vote for

2 Likes

While it’s Japanese launch was 2020, the western release of Persona 5 Strikers is still 2021.

Seeing as it’s the only new game I think I’ve played this year, it certainly takes the title for me. And considering how much I’m enjoying it, I’d probably still have it in this place of honour.

I’m about half way through my NG+ merciless playthrough. It is getting to the point now where my OP persona deck requires some strategy to win the big fights, so I’m really enjoying it.

2 Likes

Only games I’ve played that released this year has been Humankind, 12 Minutes and F1 2021. Between those I’d say F1 2021 is the one I’ve enjoyed the most. It’s a great game and a great entry to the F1 franchise. Humankind is a close second. Great albeit buggy experience. The latest bug fixes really made a huge difference to my experience.

2 Likes

The best games for me from this year are:

• Psychonauts 2
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

Games from previous years that I really enjoyed this year:

• Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Titanfall 2
  • Forza Horizon 4

Games I’m still looking forward to this year:

• The Rift Breaker
  • Forza Horizon 5
3 Likes

Following the above template

The best games for me from this year are:

• Outriders
  • The Medium

Games from previous years that I really enjoyed this year:

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Wasteland 3
  • Desperado’s 3
  • Nioh 2
3 Likes

Sometimes I think this community doesn’t get to play very many games on the year they were released.

5 Likes

Great template, thanks 'Soup!

3 Likes

We’re savvy consumers! Why buy at full price when you can get a deep discount later on. It’s not like any of us have the time to play all the new releases anyway :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’m gonna have to add Monster Hunter Rise to my list. I wasn’t a fan of World and even Rise demo left me skeptical but man I’m enjoying the game. 52 hours in after two weeks and no end in sight. I only just unlocked high rank hunts. Loving the grind.

2 Likes