Your Favourite Android Games

I remember just HOLDING the hatch button in Egg Inc, no need to click repeatedly… I played this game SOOO much a few months ago!

1 Like

1 Like

I figured I’d resurrect this old thread with a relevant post.

While we were in the bush on holiday I decided to download Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition to jam in those quiet moments between activities. It’s a great little pocket RPG with a humorous twist on the fantasy stereotypes. The whole blend between the group of friends playing a DnD game with a Dungeon Master with the fantasy world environments in the background is a neat idea and the combat is fun too.

Worth a shot if you feel like a bit of RPG action on the go. It’s also available on Steam.

3 Likes

I am reviving this topic :stuck_out_tongue:
I am looking for a good emulator and games to try out on the LG G8x Thin Q…

1 Like

Get an Atari 2600 emulator and play some classics!

2 Likes

Which one would you recommend - I have never used one on a phone so wanna make sure not to fuck this up

Hmm, not sure actually. I don’t play games on my phone honestly…

I do see they’ve got retroarch for android, so maybe go that route. You just have to download the individual “cores” from in-app for different systems…

2 Likes

I know nothing about Android games (iOS for life bitches!) but thought of something you might want to look at playing around with to see if it works for you. I think I have mentioned it somewhere before, but never really followed up on it.

Rainway. It’s a game streaming service that allows you to launch all your PC games from one place on your home computer or stream through any browser or device. It’s essentially a remote access application, but built and geared specifically for low latency, HD quality game streaming. (You can read more about the technology behind it here if you’re interested in that side of things.)

You install and run the desktop client on your gaming PC. It finds all your installed games, and creates a remote launcher for them. Then you connect to the Rainway launcher from your remote PC/browser enabled TV, or through the dedicated iOS or Android apps. (A Xbox app is currently in closed beta testing as well.) Once connected, launch the game you want to play on your device and done.

I tested the initial PC only release using an old totally unfit for gaming laptop and a XB360 controller to play Forza Horizon 4 very successfully. I’ve also just this week played a little Weedcraft on my tablet in bed with the iOS app. (Point and click type games work fine on mobile devices where you can replicate them with touches, pinches and drags.) Your second screen controller might work nicely though.

One small caveat on my experience with Rainway though - all of my testing and use has been at home using wifi over the same network that my gaming PC is connected to. I have not had an opportunity to truly test things from a remote location. I’ve been more than happy with the ability to play (some) of my PC games on my tablet or old laptop in bed or out on the patio without being forced to sit at my desk to do so. But your mileage may vary.

https://play.rainway.com/

3 Likes

Found this article over the weekend. Might be something in here for you:

1 Like

So far I havent had much luck - I am still figuring the whole emulator thing out - not sure how it works.

The frustrating thing is lots of the games that can use controllers are not picking up the lg gamepad :frowning:

1 Like

Ya, had a feeling there might be compatibility issues…

I wonder if there is/will be a Nintendo DS emulator that will work with both screens…

1 Like

That is what i am looking for

1 Like

Hmm i think the game i play the most on android is Yugioh Duel links. Been playing that for a well i think 3 years lol Im not good at it but i do play it or at least login one a day if not every 2nd day.

Might have mentioned this, but Crossy Road and Alto’s have seen the most time on my phones. Quick games and a lot of fun!

1 Like

First ever Battle Royale on mobile and I come away with the win!

This was supposed to see the performance of my new phone and I got lucky with 8 kills!

2 Likes

Just because you need it

I came across and installed this great puzzle game and have been seriously enjoying it:

The puzzles range from purely logical to creative, you never get too stuck since there are hints that can be bought with currency that you can earn from watching a few seconds of an ad. The art style is pretty cool and it has a decent story that is subtly told through the puzzles and scenes.

2 Likes