Youtube Shorts

Make it youtu.be and drop the “shorts” bit. It is weird.

https://youtu.be/bkxi5RA3sPM

1 Like

@oltman if you thought Car Jitsu was bizarre…

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Those sounds! :star_struck:

1 Like

So seeing the last 2 years of posts on this topic…this didn’t age too well did it :smiley:

I didn’t know this thread even existed…Weird reading the first few replies and going, ah, MEW being sane…then scrolling through a bunch of shorts :o Also, if you just click the X top right (or left?) whenever youtube tries to shove shorts down your throat it goes away for a few months.

I wouldn’t know. Youtube has changed things a while back that if you don’t have your watch history enabled, you don’t get suggestions.

So I basically watch new stuff from my subscriptions, but I won’t find any new creators or whatnot anymore.

And no, I’m not turning that option on.

Don’t! I made the absolutely stupid mistake of saying yes to the “would you like us to recommend you new things based on what you watch” and now half of my suggested videos are absolute garbage with like 5-10 views, and new videos from creators i watch EVERY video of don’t show up…or used to…I have been absolutely hammering the algorithm with “no don’t show me this, stop showing me this” for a few months now…never again

1 Like

The Amish life is looking pretty good these days :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know it’s a pain, but can reset your YouTube history, and kind of build up your algorithm again. I’ve done that before. Not a pain per say, but it gets you there

I found this INCREDIBLY interesting

1 Like