Youtube Shorts

I notice more and more youtube shorts and I don’t see the point. Why would I want to watch a 30 second video. Why would I not want to use the entire screen? These things just don’t make sense.

Have you had any interactions with youtube shorts? How do you guys feel about it. Like/no like?

3 Likes

It just feels like catering to (and exacerbating) the short attention span of modern society.

3 Likes

its Youtube’s version of vine/ticktoks basically. at least that is the way I am taking it.

4 Likes

I mean, I also have a short attention span, thats why I listen to hour long videos on 2x speed.

No offense to anyone but I think that people that spend their time on tiktok are not the most serious people.

4 Likes

It’s definitely a response to the popularity of TikTok, the videos are optimised for phone viewing in the portrait orientation.

I found an interesting perspective from one of the YouTubers I subscribe to, Davie504. He’s been enjoying doing the short Vids as the limited time format has breathed new creativity into him at a time when he felt burnt out from chasing (and achieving 10 million subs)

1 Like

POP Culture.

2 Likes

Yea I have to admit I can’t stand shorts of any kind, hate tiktok and so on

2 Likes

Exactly this. Those little clips aren’t even entertaining. I have a couple chilli heads I subscribe to that do shorts for sauce reviews, and they’re fine other than the portrait view, but I don’t need the dang thing to repeat when it’s done.

1 Like

I make use of the Shorts more for informational purposes than entertainment. Like catching the crash in the MotoGP or getting that recipe in a brief 1 minute over watching a 17-minute video to find ingredients. Or some of my favourites are the Vsauce shorts.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

I can’t even…

https://youtube.com/shorts/-nW5x69cKp4

3 Likes

Isn’t it sad that this is not satire? This dumbass. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Just mindblowing.

1 Like

I love Steve Mould content.