3D Printing

FDM vs Resin printing

5 Likes

nice i wish i had a resin printer

2 Likes

That detail is impressive!

2 Likes

I assume the light grey is the resin? Looks soooo much better!

2 Likes

Yeah, and not only does it look better, it’s also way less effort to get it looking good. I think I have at least 5 of the Ciri heads on the left from all my attempts at getting it right, especially with that lock of hair in front of her face. The resin one came out perfectly the first time I tried it, and that was only the second thing I ever printed after after the default rook model they give with the printer.

4 Likes

We designed and printed some tags for gifts. Think they came out pretty neat.

We are going to paint them in some xmassy colours later

5 Likes

Aw… The disappointment when you dont see your name on one of the tags… Another lonely Christmas…

3 Likes

Maybe next year.

3 Likes

Just finished curing, still needs some clean-up

6 Likes

Guess it’s time for an update post.

I ended up getting the Creality CR-6 SE. So far I am very happy. Been playing around with different filaments, some working better than other, printing mostly Benchies, calibration cubes, temperature towers and a few smaller things. Finally attempted something bigger and actually impressed by how it came out.

4 Likes

that came out much better than mine.

3 Likes

Do you, or can you, do anything with them after they have been printed and cured? i.e. could you paint them?

1 Like

You sure can, bit of primer and sanding paper where needed and then you can paint it however you want.

2 Likes

My largest statue so far at about 36cm tall.

Please excuse the mess in the background. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That looks frikken amazing! How long was the print? How many sections?

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t really keep track of the time, a few days I think. It’s 20 something parts.

2 Likes

Soooo cool!!!

2 Likes

“Nice printing boi!”

3 Likes

As my collection of filament grows, I decided to build my own storage boxes.

Because filament can absorb moisture which causes bad prints, I added some silica gel beads to keep it nice and dry and a humidity sensor to monitor things. Still want to print some more of those vented containers to put the beads in though.

7 Likes

I always just put my filament back into those silver ziploc bags they come in

4 Likes