I am starting to plan or budget towards my Xmas expenditure and was wondering about getting a new TV, I still have an old (non-smart) Sony Bravia 46" 1080p HD TV.
Seeing as I have a PlayStation 4 Pro, and with the rise of 4K gaming coming with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, which I hope to get in the future (perhaps 2ng gen). I thought it a good idea to get a newer, more up to date, television.
A few questions though, for those that are perhaps already in that space. I am yet to bear witness to a 4K goodness unless in the shop showroom or on my MacBook Pro.
- Seeing that Sony TVs are no longer attainable, what brand should I go for?
- Does size really matter? We live the apartment life and frankly, the 46" was ample, but if the price difference is minimal I may move towards a 56/60"
- SMART, OLED, QLED, all that jargon… I am not familiar with what is trending, help?
- Do I need a specific HDMI cable to be able to carry the upgraded visual?
- Is there a market for selling my other TV, or not worth it and just keep it as a second?
I hope ya’ll can help me here. I am not looking to make an immediate decision and planning to make a good choice as I don’t want to buy again in a year or two. Current TV is probably around 5-8 years old.