All Things Sport

Ouch.

1 Like

oof.jpg

Forza Italia!!

1 Like

Resurrecting this thread to say what a final Men’s match at the Australian Open!

1 Like

Okay okay, some serious talk now and don’t hate on me but I’ve been largely out of the game so to speak. I have recently been blessed with access details to DSTV.

What is happening on a sports front and what channels do I need to keep an eye on in order to watch and stay up to date for the following as per my interests:

• Motorsport - MotoGP and Formula1 specifically
  • Cricket - T20 and SA
  • Soccer - Premier League (I know it’s a bit late, but I watched a game last night for the first time in years.)
  • Arb sports interests - surfing, extreme sports, mountain biking and cycling, etc.

Anything else I should know of would be appreciated, I really haven’t had access to DSTV for years.

1 Like

I assume you’re accessing online / via the DSTV app, as opposed to a full decoder and dish affair?

Here’s a link to what’s currently live in the sports category:

https://now.dstv.com/livetv/sport

All the sports channels are in the 200 range, except Ginx which is Channel 127.

• Motorsport - Channel 215
  • Cricket - Channel 212
  • Soccer - Channel 203
  • Arb sports interests - Supersport Grandstand: Channel 201 and Supersport Variety 1-4: Channels 206-209, and ESPN: Channel 218
2 Likes

You would be correct sir. Though I hear they will be doing away with this sharing ability or limiting its use somewhat, soon.

2 Likes

Yip - only one concurrent streaming device at a time. Supposed to happen from next week.

1 Like

Oh great, well it was fun while it lasted boys :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Every year there always seems to be one of the teams that I support that is struggling. This year is the turn (again!) of the Lions in the Currie Cup. It’s not just that they’ve lost every game, it’s also that they’re losing them so badly. They are at a -220 points difference after 8 loses out of 8 games so far. :expressionless:

1 Like

Yikes, those are socking numbers!

1 Like

Wow thats terrible.

1 Like

Only benefit of a DSTV contract at the moment…

3 Likes

Yeah, as a result I can’t watch the rugby, football or MotoGP due to a simultaneous stream running.

2 Likes

Urgh I have missed so much sport this weekend due to loadshedding, one of the bigger ones for me is missing Hardline today.

1 Like

As in the downhill cycle race?

If so, it was livestreamed, and the full event with all the finals runs are on the Red Bull Bike YT channel.

(598) REPLAY: Red Bull Hardline 2022 - YouTube

Completely insanely, brave, and talented athletes. But mostly insane.

1 Like

Yeah, I try and watch it religiously, along with Rampage. Thanks.

1 Like

This is taking things a little too far in the name of “inclusivity”, in my opinion. And that’s coming from one of those 1 in 12 males with colour blindness issues.

1 Like

Well that’s pretty crazy.

Also @GregRedd , did you see our Springbok coach is leaving after the World Cup? Was really unexpected.

2 Likes

I did see that. Hopefully he’ll be able to go out with a RWC title for his CV.

We’re also losing assistant coach Felix Jones, Siya is going to France, I think I’ve seen something about at least one other key player quitting after as well. Steven Kitsoff maybe?

A new head coach, new assistant, new captain all at the same time is going to be interesting. Hopefully the challenge will be made even harder for them because the new guys will be taking over the reins of the back to back Rugby World Cup Champions! :grinning:

3 Likes