Assassin's Creed Valhalla

I think it goes with your style of playing, but it is recommended that you do as much as you can or want while still in the snowy Nordic area.

1 Like

I love the game!

So far I’ve only been doing the first area and did everything there except for one warrior guy that wants me to kill him but as soon as I try he destroys me. Will come back later for him.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Siege of Paris expansion is out today:

No-one seems too excited about it being ground-breaking or anything like that. Just a solid, standard AC expansion in general. Not bad, not great basically.

3 Likes

I’ve been enjoying my time in AC Valhalla so much. Will take a break before buying the season pass however. Already around 110 hours in and still have a lot to do.

1 Like

I think if I bother with the DLC, I’d have to play it soon after finishing the game. I find that I struggle to get back into the games if I left it for a while. I forget the mechanics of the game and then everything feels weird.

1 Like

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-13-assassins-creed-valhalla-year-2-features-massive-ragnarok-expansion-and-return-of-kassandra

I love the game so this is amazing news.

The crossover DLC is free and starts in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and ends in Valhalla. Oh man, excited!

And then there’s the really big expansion. The sad thing is that if you have the season pass then it’s not included.

1 Like

Are you going to return to Odyssey to do it?

Most definitely!

1 Like

The even sadder thing is the expansion will be $40. So probably around R700 for us.

1 Like

Hmmm… I really liked Odyssey, but I find it hard getting back into a game after a long delay (controls, mechanics, etc.). I’ll try though. Wonder if they’re preparing to set up the next AC game.

The next AC game is called Infinity and it will be a live service game.

Is that good or bad? I’ve never played one.

Its hard to say how it will translate to AC. But then again, AC is not really what is was anyway. If the setting is interesting I will still be keen on it. In theory it could work if they still focus on the story aspect and maybe add new settings as time goes on. Time will tell though.

Just gives them another reason to bring in more egregious microtransactions.

I’ve taken somewhat of a hard stance on microtransactions in that I don’t do any. Never have, or at least, not with money. Only with points earned through the game.
As long as they continue (or hopefully, conclude) the story, then I’d be keen to try.

2 Likes

Same here. I don’t do microtransactions.

And I only get DLC/season passes for games that I like a lot.

Bought the season pass for AC Valhalla this morning since it’s on special.

1 Like

Finally got the game, for some reason I could not buy it through the launcher, so I bought it through the epic store. Here is the thing though, it took me 3 days to download the 43gigs in the epic store. When I finally ran the game, it opened my ubisoft launcher and wanted me to update the game with an 88gb patch. That is insane! I opted to run it offline, not update and actually play the game. Is that 88gb patch all the expansion content from when it launched?

1 Like

I bought the base game from epic as well but have not installed it as yet as I wanted to finish another assassins creed first. So what you are saying is I should start my download now if I want to play it this weekend or at least by Friday…

1 Like

Yep, unless you want to use the base game and play it offline, which is what I am doing. 88 gigs will take me a week.

1 Like