Assetto Corsa 2 Launch Date Officially Revealed

I didn’t know this was even a consideration for Kunos.

5 Likes

Wow! Did not see that coming, especially with Competizione being their main focus right now. 2024 is still a while to go. Time to start saving up for the game and that rig needed to run it.

2 Likes

If they could somehow perform some black magic and make it backwards compatible with all the current mods out there, or at least a way to convert mods… that would be something.
The ridiculous amount of content available for AC will keep people playing for a while still.

It’s wishful thinking though, AC’s engine is so ancient.

2 Likes

Exactly what my first thought was!

1 Like

Exactly what my first thought was!

Also, Competizione’s executable is AC2.exe… I see problems in the future!!!

2 Likes

Nee. Backwards compatibility is why we can’t have modern things. But, definitely add modding api. If you build the modding support, the modders will come.

3 Likes

Well, it’s a good thing that 3D models of cars and tracks are fairly platform and engine agnostic, so I’m sure well get a lot of the greatest mods ported over by the original creators over time anyway.

Damn, 3 years seems like a long time. I wonder if they’ll continue with the early access model, it’s done them well so far.

1 Like

I hope they get many manufacturers to buy into this. Would be great for getting the beginner sim racers in to try trackdays, with minimal effort, when their favourite road cars are right there.

1 Like

Saw this in my newsfeed this morning, also didn’t even know it’s a thing. But kinda glad it’s a few years away still.

1 Like

I agree with this. The AC modding community is strong enough to have hundreds of mods converted within days of AC2 launching

1 Like