Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

YES! I snagged the AC Complete edition on sale earlier in the year and I often race the Ferrari 488 on there to see if I should buy the track for iRacing! It is pretty close in difficulty, but more forgiving when it comes to collisions :wink:

I am certainly keen! Count me in, even if just a few races for fun, rather than leagues. Either way, YES PLEASE!

With AC Content Manager and the amount of mods available you can race just about anything you can dream of, on just about any track you can think of!

A local guy is even making Kyalami!

And just a side note: AC Competizione is made in Unreal engine, not the same engine as OG AC.

4 Likes

That’s some outstanding work on the Kyalami build right there. Been waiting for it for ages it seems and it can’t come soon enough. I see from the last posts that he’s got to a final beta stage, and that some of the teams have been using it for sim practice for this weekend’s Kyalami 9-hour. If it’s good enough for them, it’s going to need to be on near constant rotation on our sever here.

2 Likes

Was under the impression that it is not same engines at all yeah.

Afaik Kyalami is coming to ACC end of this month

1 Like

Wow did not know it was in Unreal. TIL

Also, that Kyalami build is massively impressive. I’m going to install AC just to see if I can get that mod installed. Just need to find the installation files for it.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can get Kyalami loaded on the server, that would actually be awesome.

If you guys want to test out the server before @GregRedd decides on bigger things, please feel free to suggest some non-DLC cars and tracks and maybe we get some casual racing going on the weekend. It’s currently set to the Nordschleife, which is a bit intimidating if you are not intimately familiar with all 2000 corners.

My suggestion would be to emulate iRacing’s MX5 cup on Laguna Seca for a start. No official race, just infinite practice mode so people can hop in and out without any commitment.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I have time for another league, but what the heck, count me in haha. Look at @Slinx, getting all involved and stuff.

4 Likes

Eyyyyy. If Chris says it’s good…

5 Likes

Wow! Thats looks great! Cannot wait to drive around the track and waking up the snoozing Joburg crowd! :smiley:

1 Like

OK, are we just talk or are we actually going to do this??? :wink:

2 Likes

I haven’t modified the server, so It’s still running the Nordschleife. I was going to load Kayalami this past weekend, but I’m lazy.

@GregRedd What’s the verdict? 7 interested so far.

1 Like

That’s the first step to recovery :wink:

I am keen just to drive around for fun in a few races, see how it goes before we start leagues and the fighting words…

3 Likes

Can I informally suggest we jump on this weekend (Sunday?) and mess around for a couple hours?

• MX-5’s on Laguna Seca?
  • GT3’s on Nurburgring?
  • Cup cars on Brands Hatch?
2 Likes

I say do it already! You’re going to have to manage things though, but that gives you the freedom to set things up as you want, like @PsychoFish does with the Dirt Rally league.

I’m more than happy to keep track of points and overall league standings for the league. I’ll look into maybe using a combination of F1 and WEC style points depending on the type of race and classes you choose.

I reckon you should pick a day and time for a race about a week in advance. Select the track and car/s and the race format and rules, restrictions, etc., and then post that info up here. Set your server up and open it for practice at the same time so that everyone can use either the sever or do a little private testing by themselves. Set the “practice” session to run from when you open the server until just before the race start time you’ve chosen. Maybe then have a qualifying session followed by the race. Generally try to keep the race day stuff to around 2 hours or so (quali + race) as that seemed to work best for most of the guys doing the F1 races.

I think for the first one, keep things simple to see how it goes. Use a circuit that most people would be familiar with to some extent - Monza, Silverstone, for eg - and a limited selection of reasonably driveable cars. Remember that not everyone here has wheels and fancy sim racing rigs - yeah, @oltman, I’m just jelly! - so keep assists and driver aids available for those that want to use them.

After the first one, you can decide how you want to carry on the league. Open things up to voting for the next round, race etc.

For now though, give it some thought, set the server up and let us know here what you’ve decided for Round #1 - it’s probably too short notice to get a race together this Thursday, but maybe let’s aim for it to happen next Thursday?

1 Like

Cup cars at Brands would be my vote on those. Sunday is the final F1 GP (and, for me at least, a Star Citizen tour). Don’t let that stop you though - the more racing the better!!

Hmmm, with the game going for R32,50 and the ultimate edition going for R89,52 I may just bite the carrot you’re dangling in front of me.

Since the F1 2019 season ended I’m missing that competitive racing. And the opportunity of driving around Kyalami is very tempting.

3 Likes

I have to find the plak to configure my plugins/hardware/everything for assetto again, after a reinstall of windows :cry: @SlinX When is what happening? D3 S19 has swallowed me whole, and i’m still trying to do weekly dirt rally leagues too.

1 Like

Oh gawsh… S19 started already.

@aldyr You are forever configuring your hardware.

I’m thinking we have a practice session on Sat/Sunday afternoon depending on availability.
This is just to get everyone on and see how things run. If everything works smoothly, I’ll set up an official prac/quali/race the following week, details to follow.

This poll is for group practice
Car: Lotus Exige 240R S3 (Audi Cup car is DLC)
Track: Brands Hatch - GP

• Saturday
  • Sunday
  • Some time next week
  • Next weekend

0 voters

If the hardware isn’t perfect, somewhere a kitten will die. Got to save dem kittens

Server name is now MEW @GregRedd if you don’t mind updating it in your original post :+1:

Brands/Lotus server is up.

1 Like