Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

@aldyr @DieGrootHammer @oltman @GregRedd @Dragonic @Entity
To everyone that showed interest and has the game, do any of you not have all DLCs?
There are some DLC cars I really want to consider for the league.

• Audi TT Cup - Ready to race
  • Mazda MX5 Cup - Japanese Pack (probably a bit too slow)
  • BMW M325i Racing - Dream Pack 1
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - Porsche Pack 1

I’m still deciding on a car, either one of the 4 above or for non-DLC’ers, the BMW 1M or Lotus Exige. I think I’ll load the BMW 1M onto the server as well in the mean time, fun little car.

It looks like we’ll be having a practice session on Saturday afternoon, let’s make it for around 14h00
To those who can’t make it, practice in your own time or next week/weekend if another practice session is scheduled, the track will remain Brands Hatch GP.

as far as the league goes, I’m going to try for every other Thursday, dates are 100% provisional and TBC

Race Calendar

1. Brands Hatch GP - 5 Dec
  2. Kayalami - 19 Dec
  3. Silverstone GP - 9 Jan
  4. Imola or Zolder maybe? - 23 Jan
  5. Nurburgring - 12 Feb
  6. Laguna Seca - 23 Feb

Regulations and stuff

Practice (20mins) and qualifying (15mins) will be live, so watch out for traffic!
I’ll keep race distance to under 30mins, so we looking at 15 - 18 lap races.

Assists available to all. Damage will be on at 30%, tire wear at x3 and fuel usage at x1 (i’ll play around with these settings to find what works best)
1 mandatory pit stop per race, pit window opens at around 30% race distance, no refueling.

To keep things interesting, I’ll experiment with using live track conditions.

Unfortunately, there’s no AI, so it will just be us on track.

Let me know your thoughts or if there’s anything I’m missing. I’m excited! Let’s do this!

5 Likes

All of that sounds good to me! I vote GT4 class, so we can have car options, not just one car. The GT4 is also a nice balance between speed and handling, while not being crazy hard.

Also, if you are going to tackle AC with a controller, be sure to google how to set it up. It takes some time to get it working well, but is quite playable!

3 Likes

I only have the Japanese Pack and the Dream Pack 1. But since the DLCs are like R10 now, I could probably spare a R10 or two to get the other 2.

5 Likes

Thank you for tagging me, I’ll go get the game now then. I’m not worried what cars or anything, you lay it out. I’ll try my best to make the practice and stuff.

3 Likes

Hmmm… Not liking the Lotus :wink: BUT, loving the GT4 Porsche.

Will try some of the other suggested cars later.

1 Like

The GT4 class in AC is all over the place, there are only 7 cars and none have similar specs.
The next closest thing would be GT2 or GT3, but I don’t want to turn this into a GT league just yet.

The theme I’m going with is, “lightly” modified, race-tuned street cars.
300-400hp roughly 3.5kg/hp

Here’s the updated car list.

AC%20MEW%20server

We can always change things up, but at least for the first couple races I want to stick to one car.

4 Likes

I am down with that. Will play with those cars tonight.

4 Likes

I’m going to buy something shiny to distract the wife, and do some laps tonight. That exige is calling me

5 Likes

I did a messy 1:44 just testing and messing around.
It’s an oversteer party when you attack the curbs.

1 Like

Audi TT Cup just a quick spin. No idea if its any good.

1 Like

We still good for 2oclock today?

4 Likes

I will be there.

3 Likes

Yup, I’m still in.

We had a little sneaky session late last night (I was driving on about 4 brandy’s lol)

@oltman that’s a respectable time, I got a 1:37.5
Btw, my vote is for the Audi, seems like a winner.

Myself and @aldyr last night…

2 Likes

Audi TT is a nice easy car to drive, predictable. I posted similar times with that Cayman, though it’s more twitchy. The Lotus wants to kill you, and the 1M just wants to go sideways

3 Likes

Cool. I’ll be in the discord a bit before just to set up everything.

Will you be streaming?

1 Like

Not sure who that was directed at, but no not me.

no, just playing, and will be on discord. i can test streaming some time, maybe even stream to mew, but not this time.

And so? Did the session happen? Was the server connection solid for everyone. And most importantly… what’s the slowest time? I need a benchmark to aim for :grinning:

2 Likes

Session happened, it was pretty great. It was myself, @SlinX, @oltman and @Entity. Pings were solid(all under 50 IIRC)
Slowest time would probably be me, 1:40:200 I think, in a Audi TT Cup.
We also did a mock race to get an idea of how the turn 1 chaos will be, and how pit stops work.

3 Likes