Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

It did not disappoint!

Just a tip: the Porsche has a great pull away, and is fast on the straights. But that sucker is looser that a hooker in a port city!

3 Likes

It was good, everything went pretty smoothly, beside that one spooky lag issue between myself and @oltman, i’ll post a clip, it was ridiculous.

I just went through a few of the replays and you guys definitely need to work on your track joining technique :joy:
There was a big improvement from everyone by the time we did the mock race, way less mistakes and way less T-bones lol.
Pit-stops are straight forward once you know what to do. Limiter is activated automatically, select tire compound, stop in your highlighted pit-box and wait until you get released. I did noticed that you can’t change gear while your tires are being changed, so shift into 1st before you stop.

@oltman, I’m still deciding whether i’ll let you drive that Porsche…
It’s pretty even with the Audi on Brands, but I’m thinking on the up coming tracks it may have too much of an advantage on the longer straights. Although you do even it out with all your corner exit spins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gratuitous beauty shots:

5 Likes

Porsche is fine, you risk spinning out with the corners and blind crests. Risk reward (Porsche) vs boring and consistent (Audi).

2 Likes

Fair enough.

1 Like

Some really cool shots there!

And hey, give me some more time in the Porsche and you will be in serious trouble :wink:

2 Likes

Nicely done everyone!

2 Likes

Okay, next order of business is when are we going to hold our 1st race?
@DieGrootHammer @GregRedd @DarthMol @aldyr let me know if you want me to host another practice race session before we start this thing.

Myself and @Dragonic actually have something on for the next 2 Thursdays (Brands Hatch and Kayalami), so I think we need to hear from everyone again and decide when the best time will be.

The holiday season coming up might make things a bit difficult, but I think we can still manage 1 league race before the end of the year.
I’m unavailable Thursday and next week Tuesday and Thursday. Since the F1 season is over, can we hold races on weekends?
Might make another poll.

Oh and to anyone else that want’s in, say aye!

3 Likes

I can manage evenings, sunday to thursday, excluding festive holidays of course.

3 Likes

I can do Monday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoon.

2 Likes

I can generally do most evenings from around 8PM. Saturday afternoons and Sunday evenings are a possibility too with enough notice - except this coming weekend is out for me.

How about Wednesday evening for the first 2 races at least?

2 Likes

These screenshots look amazing

2 Likes

I was thinking the same, seems like we already have 4 available for Wednesday

This poll is for the 1st race at Brands Hatch ONLY, the date we decide will obviously impact the date of the 2nd race, so lets see how it goes.
I think a minimum of 5 drivers (out of 8 I think) will need to attend for the race to count.

• Tuesday - 3rd
  • Wednesday - 4th
  • Thursday - 5th
  • Friday - 6th
  • Saturday - 7th
  • Sunday - 8th
  • Monday - 9th
  • Tuesday - 10th
  • Wednesday - 11th

0 voters

1 Like

Thats pretty much me as well.

1 Like

I should be available most days except for cricket nights. But also depends on the time. Mostly will be at 9. I could maaaybe do 8.

1 Like

Apologies, I can’t do thursday this week, but the other days, are good.

I can do next week Mon-Wed and @Dragonic says he can do Monday as well, that’s the only day we have all 8 of us available.
The only other scenario I see is that we hold 2 races, one tomorrow and one next Wednesday, but we’ll be missing a few guys. There’s no AI to take your place in AC so you forfeit your points unfortunately.

I’m keen to start this off ASAP.

2 Likes

I’m happy to race on Monday, it will give me some time to get in some practice.

2 Likes

Unless things change between now and then, Monday it is. The inaugural MEW AC championship race (1/6) at Brands Hatch.

The race will be 18 laps, so probably closer to 35mins.
1 mandatory pitstop, choose not to change tires at your own peril. Pit window opens on lap 6.
Not pitting or not taking a penalty will disqualify you from the race.

I can still disable the track limit penalty system if you guys want, I feel like it’s a bit harsh but then again, don’t cut, this is not Dirt Rally.

The schedule is as follows:

• Practice is on your own time.
  • Qualifying: 8:30pm (25mins)
  • Break: 8:55pm (5mins)
  • Race: 9:00pm (35mins)

After playing around with the settings, I’ve decided on the following:

• Fuel usage: off
  • Tire wear: 300% (to force those Porsche’s to change tires :grinning:)
  • Assists: allowed
  • Stability control: off
  • Damage: 50%
  • Tire blankets: STAYING OFF
  • Throttle cut penalties: on
  • Jump start = drive through penalty

I did a thing. Choose wisely, you’ll be stuck with your car for for all 6 races.
Don’t be fooled by the Audi’s lack of power, it’s agile, doesn’t oversteer and can out brake the Porsche.

I guess we’ll use the same Discord channel for race comms? (I dunno, I’m still new here)

3 Likes

Excellent @SlinX! Looking forward to it.

(Is it setup like a league season with points tables for all 6 races, or do we still need to do that manually?)

1 Like

Just ask me :frowning:
Also as the sim racing noob here, wtf is a throttle cut penalty?

1 Like