Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Err… a penalty where you have to lift of the throttle for a number of seconds for abuse of track limits.

1 Like

Ah! This impossible thing lol. I just slowed to 35kmph instead lol.
But now that you explained it, it actually makes sense why I failed lol.

1 Like

AC doesn’t have a points structure as far as I know, we’ll have to track manually. The server is hosted race by race, there’s no continuity.

2 Likes

Swell. I’ll set up a standings table over the weekend somewhere between all the other stuff that needs doing. (I need to update the MEWRL Champion of Champions table as well, so I’ll do it then.)

Can I propose a simplified points system to try keep the gaps over the 6 races reasonable so that the competition all the way through is tight?

• Race points: 15 - 12 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 2 - 1. This should allow all the drivers to accumulate some points in all of the races they enter.
  • 1 bonus point for qualifying on pole
  • 1 bonus point for the fastest race lap
  • In order to be classified for points, drivers must start the race session - no points if you rage quit during qualifying! This way, if you do have a 1st corner DNF, you’ll at least score some points to make it worthwhile.
  • Exception to the above is if a driver is DSQed either through technical penalty or by the Race Director for whatever reason. DSQ = 0 points, this ain’t no FIA rule changing zone!

Thoughts @all?

5 Likes

Ai laaik iet!

6 Likes

So after trying out the game using a gamepad (since I don’t have a wheel) I wondered if it had been a mistake to buy the game. The controls were terribly oversensitive and it was a struggle to make slight turns without over-steering and fishtailing all over the place. And this was with the games preset for an Xbox controller.

I did some searching online and found a steam guide with what tweaks to make to settings and it is better. Still going to take a lot of getting used to though.

This the Steam guide you found?

I think @Entity and @Dragonic play with controller, maybe they could shed some light?
If you’re really not feeling it, remember you can always refund.

1 Like

I remember it being a royal pain and hard to play with a controller. I have no idea what the settings were, but you basically had to make sure the curve of input is not a linear line / 1:1 move. Otherwise the stick forces too sharp turns.

It gets better.

And yeah try a refund maybe if you struggling?

1 Like

Yeah very twitchy, the settings did help. I was actually going to log on tonight or whenever and see if I can tweak it more, its smooth enough on cornering, but not enough for those movements on the straight that might cause me to drive into someone. But definitely better. Going to check the one Gregg sent and compare it with mine.

1 Like

I used this one. It helped.

2 Likes

I contemplated doing a refund, but after changing the settings according to the guide it was at least driveable and I put in some more practice. I’ve played for 2 hours, so I’m probably at the edge of being eligible for a refund, but I think I’ll soldier on. Was already getting better at the braking.

3 Likes

I figured out a thing and I’m now hosting multiple server instances on the same machine.
You can use “MEW 3” to practice under race conditions.
I’ll probably use MEW 3 as the official race server and I’ll rename them appropriately to avoid confusion.

MEW%20servers

3 Likes

That’s a very cool thing you figured out! Nice one. Same password as the main server I’m assuming?

1 Like

Same password, yup.

1 Like

@SlinX chooses all the cool cars. Guess I’ll drunk drive a bit after tonights pub :beers: 2-eleven ftw

1 Like

Did you not see the E30 drift server? You can drunk drift instead :eyes:
I might be on for a bit before cricket tonight.

1 Like

I’m shutting down all our non-critical servers at work after 5 due to loadshedding (Eskom se @#$%), so the AC servers won’t be available over the weekend.
Hopefully this doesn’t carry on til Monday :pensive:

2 Likes

Blady Eskom, they should not affect our League. There will be hell! Also lol at the fact that you are hosting AC servers at work.

2 Likes

We’ve got enough spare Xeon cores and bandwidth to feed a small village so why not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes