Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

I should be fine

1 Like

Aweh.

The last time we raced on Laguna Seca I miraculously managed a win, so let’s hope my luck continues!

1 Like

I am in for tomorrow. If tomorrow is Thursday, 16 April. Correct? At 8PM South African time :smiley:

1 Like

Crap… I just realised I had zero practice. Guess I’ll do my first ever drive in the official practice lol.

Technically 7:45, but yes :slight_smile:
PROTIP: Type !MEWRL in discord #Racing to get reminders

@Beemerstein @aldyr @DieGrootHammer you guys in for tomorrow?

2 Likes

Since this is the final race of the season, I’ve setup the MX5 Corona Cup Championship.
Track list:

• Thruxton
  • Donington Park National
  • Kyalami
  • Bridgehampton
  • Zandvoort
  • Brands Hatch Indy
  • Suzuka East
  • Seattle Circuit

2 short races at each track, 2nd race reverse grid half points
Since they are short (10 laps, no pitstops ~15-20mins), I want to 2 races per week.

Not sure if this should count for points or what, maybe we keep the current championship format “serious” and this for some interim fun?
Thoughts/suggestions/feedback?

4 Likes

Please add Killarney

1 Like

Thay sounds amazing! Really looking forward to it and that is a nice mix of tracks! I say, let it count!

1 Like

Practice starts in 15 mins!

Unfortunately DieGrootHammer won’t be joining, I hope everyone else can make it.

2 Likes

Late dinner, but should be there by 8:30.

1 Like

Now live!

2 Likes

And that concludes the first MEW AC championship season
Huge thanks to all participants :clap: and thanks for letting me host this.

Firstly, Laguna Seca. After a few position swaps between myself and @aldyr, he eventually ran away and bagged the win. @Beemerstein barely taking 3rd in front of @oltman

Final standings.

:1st_place_medal: Congrats to me I guess :trophy: :grimacing:
:2nd_place_medal: @aldyr
:3rd_place_medal: @Beemerstein

Participation awards for everyone else, you all lose :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
No, but seriously, thanks for taking part @DarthMol @DieGrootHammer @Dragonic @GregRedd and @Avatar who unfortunately struggled with endless LTE issues towards the beginning of the season. The races would not have been nearly as entertaining without you guys.

I’m quite happy with how the season ran as a whole. We had some issues here and there, but once we got things going the races ended up going pretty smoothly.

Onward to the next one.

MX5 Corona Cup
2x races per circuit back to back, 2nd race is reverse grid for half points.
We will try squeezing in 3 tracks per session, i.e. 6 races which should 90 minutes + maybe 30 minutes with the wait times between each.

Dates TBD.
I’ll get the links to all the custom tracks sorted by the weekend.

6 Likes

Nice job on the managing the season @SlinX - was good fun, even from the back. Thank you!

Looking forward to the MX5 Corona Cup now. Going to definitely get @Pamar to join us - found AC Ultimate Edition on sale to gift to him so he won’t have a choice :grinning:

4 Likes

Indeed! Not just a great racer but a great host too! Thanks for doing this! Really enjoying this series!

4 Likes

It was a great season. I had some good fun with @GregRedd at the back and always trying to catch @DarthMol in front when he joined. I also had fun with @aldyr in the previous race because he had throttle issues :smiley:
Sorry in this race to @Beemerstein for the injustice I did to him by making him run into me with my nervous blue flag avoidance.
Loved the chatter on Discord during the race and of course, well done @SlinX for hosting this League.

5 Likes

Thanks for having me. It was great fun. There was some serious racing but it was still very casual.

Please add download links for tracks please.
I will do my part to promote the next championship.

1 Like

Do you have a Killarney track mod?

Had a scratch around last night in the CM track collection and on RaceDepartment, but couldn’t find anything for Killarney at all. I did see that prototype, who made the Kyalami mod, say he was starting to work on one.

There is a link to one on the MEW Trackday. I just downloaded it now. Not sure if it’s the one we will be using.

1 Like

Nice, grabbed it from there too - thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

That’s the one. :point_up_2:
We need to get some dates going. I’ll throw out Wednesday next week.
Need to make sure everyone can get all the content before we start. Also give us time to recruit more victims.

1 Like