Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Do you pay extra to have sparklers installed?

1 Like

no its update shader patch

1 Like

Thanks for the race guys. Yoh that was a kak one for me. But still had my fun with @GregRedd, trading places via crashing. Kak one for @Slinx and Jay :frowning:
Well done @Beemerstein for the win, proper drive.

1 Like

Good racing guys! the half I was able to see anyway, stupid electronics and their dependence on electricity

Well done to @Beemerstein who pretty much led start to finish, and to runners-up @aldyr and @DieGrootHammer filling out the podium.

Sliverstone Results

# Name Car Points
1 Omar Khan Mclaren 650 GT3 25
2 aldyr inc Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 18
3 DieGrootH@mmer Audi R8 LMS 2016 17
4 DarthMol Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 12
5 oltman Mclaren 650 GT3 10
6 Dragonic Mclaren 650 GT3 8
7 Greg Redd Audi R8 LMS 2016 6
8 Jay De Villiers Audi R8 LMS 2016 4
9 SlinkY Ferrari 488 GT3 2

Best Qualifying: DieGrootH@mmer
Fastest Lap: DieGrootH@mmer

Driver Standings

(featuring oltman’s stunt double)

# Driver Points
1 DieGrootH@mmer 63
2 aldyr inc 48
3 SlinkY 46
4 DarthMol 36
5 Omar Khan 27
6 Jay De Villiers 22
7 Dragonic 20
8 Greg Redd 16
9 oltman 16
10 oltman 10

Not sure why there are 2 of you, did you change car at some point or something?

I’m thinking about upping the tyre wear a bit, maybe 25% to make M/M a less viable strategy, or at least make tyre management more necessary. I’ll experiment a bit before the next race.

Next stop, Kyalami.

5 Likes

I thought having 2 entries will give me double points, but they are both coming last!

I was in the McLaren all along, have not changed anything as far as I know. Weird.

2 Likes

Thanks for the race guys. It was abit lonely as I didn’t expect to gain the lead at the start. I did see Brent and MC Hammer gaining ground on me that did keep me in check. Im super keen on the next one. Unlucky Brent dc’ed though.

Why am I always having to play catch up in the championship?

3 Likes

Yeah the race was really fun. I’m gutted that I made that mistake at turn 3, was stupid from me. Also, I never get a good getaway at the start, which is why I got swarmed into turn one, and then I misjudged the speed at which @Beemerstein goes into the corner. Got myself into a massive spin.

The rest of the stint in mediums was not bad. I was fast and made up the missed time very well. The problem is my tires went off rather quickly, so I thought I would go onto the hard tires. That was a mistake, as my times immediately went up by almost 2 seconds a lap. Those tires also never got up to temperature due to the track being cold, which meant that when @aldyr and I had our epic dice, my car started being very inconsistent on cold worn tires. I lost it under breaking and @aldyr past me. Overall still happy I got to 3rd after my first lap issue.

But damn I do love these races. They are super fun. I had an epic pass on @oltman diving into his inside in Maggots and Beckots. That was great racing between us. @DarthMol and I had a great drive as well for a few tires, and he kept pace with me on the mediums when I set fast laps.

I really really love these races. So far my favourite of AC.

5 Likes

It was a fun race. My time driving Silverstone is finally starting to pay off as I get more comfortable with the track.

My race craft is definitely improving, I nearly got tangled in @DieGrootHammer’s T3 spin but managed slip past without making contact. I enjoyed chasing DGH when he overtook me, I pulled out some decent laps from who knows where but wasn’t able to sustain it as the tyre grip started falling off a bit. I suppose the few spins didn’t help with that!

3 Likes

It took racing behind some people for me to learn what’s a faster line through some corners. Overall, great race, with the drama on lap one. I suspect the weather, ie. lower tyre temps (and physics not physics lesson) will keep us entertained in the next race too.

3 Likes

Physics lesson made @GregRedd lose a place to me and then in turn I wondered if he was giving a place back or wtf just happened.

2 Likes

I was wildly inconsistent for some reason, ended up running way off track at Stowe about 3 times and eventually spun out somewhere losing a place to aldyr. Shortly after that I had to pit and 1 second into the stop my power went out. These things happen I guess, it was really frustrating.

I’m going to be super boring now and set the record straight on the science.
Gas temperature does indeed increase with pressure and vice versa (ideal gas law), but only contributes a negligible amount of heat. Most of the heat comes from the flexing of the sidewalls and friction from the road. This in turn heats the air in the tyre and increases pressure.
Lower pressure = more flexing = more heat.
Scrubbing = more friction = more heat.
Scrubbing comes from slip angle, so oversteer or understeer, but can also be influenced by wheel geometry like camber and toe.

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

That’s how I’ve always understood it. But why then do the stupid Audi’s tyres stay cold throughout 15 odd laps on the mediums at the lowest possible pressures? (16psi I think it was).

1 Like

You need to stand on the brakes. Trailbraking helps too.

I use the tyre temp as an indicator. If it’s cold for multiple laps after 2nd, I’m usually driving like a fairy.

2 Likes

That’s probably just down to the bleak English weather. I had my fronts on 15 and rears on 16, all corners went blue at some point during any given lap.
Hopefully Kyalami falls on a warmer day.

2 Likes

Might join you guys some time

4 Likes

@Flex yes please! It is pretty casual, and loads of fun! Plus, the fast bois need more competition! I enjoy the midfield, but it gets lonely. I used to race @DarthMol, but clearly he has been upping his game significantly and is now seriously fast! I am jealous and proud all at the same time! :wink:

5 Likes

As the F1 drivers always say, “Thanks mate!”

2 Likes

I have noticed @DarthMol sneakily been climbing the ranks. Oh and a belated sorry for punting you at Monza, was totally my fault, I went through the replay the other day. For some reason you are the victim of 90% of my punterinos :man_shrugging: it’s not personal I swear.

3 Likes

No worries, it so often happens that way that there’s that one person.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m looking at you @Dragonic :eyes:

Just kidding. Dragonic has to catch me in order to punt me off first! :laughing: :smiley:

BRB. Changing my name to The Redd Flash and making my team emblem a lightning bolt…

2 Likes