Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Looking at the results breakdown I see my error, I pitted with 31 minutes to go instead of 21 minutes to go as I had planned so I landed up doing only 15 laps on the mediums and 14 laps on the softs! No wonder the tires died at the end there.

That also explains why I thought I had a surplus of fuel when I pitted - hence the underfueling and having to grab some extra litres before the last lap.

2 Likes

Well I had a much better race, and it was fun again. The tire and fuel usage made the strategy very interesting. I stretched the mediums to 30 minutes and the last half of the race went on hards. Both tires really went off at the end, and it’s seen within the data how much time I lost at the end of each stint.

3 Likes

I had the hard on ( :wink: ) for both stints and it worked out OK. I was about half a litre short on fuel otherwise I would have been in 5th. I was also running well in 4th until I spun in the Kink. I really enjoy the track though! It drives quite different in AC than it does in iRacing. Then again I tend to drive it in GTE cars in iRacing.

@GregRedd will point out the best hot dog stand for us.

4 Likes

Turn 3 and Robbit’s RC Extravaganza Bar and Track Shack BBQ is where all the real action at Road America is at! The Champions of Victory merch stall is there too.

2 Likes

The incident is questionable call. My intention coming out of the pit was to go back in the racing line. When I saw @aldyr coming in hot i move back into the pit lane. I didn’t go over into the left lane I was still in the right lane. I cannot understand why he came over but I can understand to a point where he assumed I would l the way into the left lane. He could of also seen something different on his side because of different internet connections. We were all in constant communication with others during the race when we were close by. But I’ll take the blame this.

I was pissed about it and when hammertime cut me off but that why I let my result do the talking " I got skills". Yeah I know #bragmuch
I pitted 2 twice and basic coasted for a lap cause tyres were wrecked after incident.

Overall I enjoyed the race.
I got no hard hard feelings.

@GregRedd is still my favourite.

3 Likes

You came out at an angle over the line. I saw your trajectory, and attempted to swap to the inside. You obviously swerved back, and by that time, at the speed I was going, I hit you.

It’s plain to see what happened in the replay, that we both swerved. And I don’t, for a second think you did it intentionally, same as I didn’t mean to hit you.

3 Likes

Might not make Tuesday’s race. Staying over at my inlaws while my wife recovers after giving birth to our daughter last week.

3 Likes

Why are folks so coy and quiet about these momentous events in their lives??

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs @Dragonic! Hope mom and the new arrival are both happy and healthy, and you all are blessed!

2 Likes

Congrats @Dragonic!!

3 Likes

It is considered bad form to mention private lives of friends. Which is worse for @Dragonic , cos he never ever toots his own horn.

Congrats mother#@$%er! Now you need to gear the level 1 some gear. Please don’t skimp on defense. This is hardcore after all.

3 Likes

For got to update you guys, whoops.

We’re staying in the US for the next race on Tuesday at Watkins Glen.
Practice: 6:00pm
Qualifying: 8:00pm
Race: 8:30pm

Race day weather will a mild 25C

3 Likes

Guess I’d better go learn the track!

1 Like

@Dragonic! Grats dude! May you guys enjoy you bundle of joy!

1 Like

Lmao that’s just how I roll. I don’t mean to keep my life private or anything. I just don’t like to force my life on people. Even if it’s not, I always feel like I am. I’m weird like that. As you can see, Aldyr knows :joy:.

Also yeah baby and mom is both healthy, mom just taking a while to recover(48 hour labour)

Thanks everyone else for the wishes.

4 Likes

Hell yeah. Did over 330 laps on this track in Forza. So excited for this one.

Congrats @Dragonic

1 Like

Sorry guys I won’t be able to make it tomorrow evening. I’ve got wedding stuff to attend to and it was the only open time we got.

2 Likes

Geez… babies… weddings… What is this the TLC racing league? :rofl:

Just kidding :grin:

4 Likes

Okay fine, I’ll settle for 2nd then…

Good race guys, I enjoyed that track more and more as I started to settle in.
A winner is me!
Close finish for @Beemerstein and @aldyr, only 2 seconds separating them after a 1h race.
Honorable mention, @DarthMol coming in 6 seconds behind to claim 4th.

Watkins Glen Results

# Name Car Points
1 SlinkY Ferrari 488 GT3 25
2 Beemerstein Mclaren 650 GT3 20 pole fastest lap
3 aldyr inc Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 15
4 DarthMol Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 12
5 Matthew van der Merwe Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 10
6 oltman Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 8
7 Greg Redd Audi R8 LMS 2016 6
8 Dragonic Mclaren 650 GT3 4
9 GeezMo786 Mclaren 650 GT3 2

Driver Standings after Race #7

(I’m leaving all this shit in from now on cos I don’t feel like formatting it, such a las)

# Driver Rating Points Actions
1 SlinkY B 3019 137 PENALTIES
2 DieGrootH@mmer B 2258 114 PENALTIES
3 aldyr inc B 2687 102 PENALTIES
4 Beemerstein B 1873 96 PENALTIES
5 DarthMol B 2866 85 PENALTIES
6 oltman B 2421 56 PENALTIES
7 Dragonic C 2331 34 PENALTIES
8 Jay De Villiers B 1619 34 PENALTIES
9 Greg Redd C 2226 31 PENALTIES
10 Matthew van der Merwe Provisional 20 PENALTIES
11 GeezMo786 C 1054 3 PENALTIES