Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Not bad driving with broken pedal. I so want a rematch on this track.

That ratings gives me a brain freeze cause I have no idea what it mean surely we can make it easier to understand
Kak
Kakker
Hond kak
Super kak
Ultra kak
Most kak
Saiyan kak
And Oltman.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Jokes

I’m dying :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Loooool jassie @oltman, destroyed!
Also thanks for the race guys, was glad I could make it. Fokol practice, with Quali being my practice run. Turned out ok, well done @GregRedd, I was outclassed, not sure why you gained so much on me in those few laps, might be top speed or something but still, good race, pity I spun out instead of giving you a dice.

2 Likes

My reaction when reading through @Beemerstein’s list of ratings:

:wink:
:blush:
:relaxed:
:laughing:
:grin:
:smiley:
:rofl:
:joy:
:sweat_smile:
:unamused:

Haha, I actually LOL’d!

3 Likes

So, I’m having issues getting my G920 recognised by the game. Any tips? It works a treat in pretty much any other game… The menu system is a wee bit confusing, so maybe I’m doing it wrong?

Yeah I get the same issue many times. What you’ll need to do is restart the game and remap all the controls, even the pedals, and it should work. Otherwise restarting over and over does help. It’s a bit finicky in AC, but all other games works perfect.

Is ACC better? I bought both on special now on Steam and haven’t played either. So I started with AC and gave up after half an hour and just did a race in Dirt Rally.

If I’m honest both are great, but ACC is a more modern game with less issues. In AC you’ll be able to drive a wide range of cars and tracks and with the right mods the game looks gorgeous, but ACC just offers a better experience.

1 Like

Assetto Corsa is made by Kunos and has amongst the top 3 worst menus ever implemented. We put up with it partly because the driving is so good, but also because of this
https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

Install the free version, setup your wheel, save your wheel configuration, and you’ll have less headache. FYI Content manager is a launcher for AC

2 Likes

ACC feels like a game and AC feels like a simulator. Its hard to explain. The car and track feels like very arcade-like where AC is the feels alot better. I feel like I’m actual driving the car.
Then again it’s my opinion.
Honestly havent tried it recently with new updates.

2 Likes

That a strange assessment of ACC I must say. Between ACC and rFactor 2, there is nothing else more accurate or better simulation of GT3 racing possible on PC. James Baldwin, the worlds fastest gamer and current Jenson Button McLaren British GT3 driver mentioned those two games the essential in his preparation for GT3 racing in the real world.

I would honestly suggest you give it a good go, as right now it is my go-to racing simulator.

2 Likes

Like I said it’s my feel and opinion. I obviously haven’t driven a real GT3 car but the connection with car and track just feels better on AC.

I will try to have more track time on ACC.

rFactor2 is a different story as I gave it very little time but the GTR & McLaren Gt3 cars felt great on silverstone.

Raceroom & iRacing even less time given.

2 Likes

Okay, so I had a look at what “experts” and real race drivers had to say, and, well, the results are inconclusive.

I found at least 3 guys saying AC is the best to simulate proper understeer and oversteer in cars, and the handling is almost spot-one, while seeing other drivers saying it’s nothing short of being a game.

I found another 2 real world drivers swearing by the accuracy of iRacing, while I found race car instructors criticizing iRacing for being too unrealistic.

I then found further 4 drivers praising ACC for helping them be better in GT3s, while 3 other drivers said rFactor 2 is much more accurate.

Conclusion, there is no single game that is better and more accurate than another. Each one is great in their own right and their own style. It all comes down to personal preference, and you should play whatever you feel like, and not listen to armchair “racers” that’s never driven faster than 120km/h in real life.

3 Likes

Couldn’t have put it better myself!

2 Likes

Yes indeed. Personal preference is what rules.

But I had to lag for the “arm chair racers”.

1 Like

“Office chair racer” thank you very much.

1 Like

Fake Leather Executive Office Swivel Chair Racer reporting for the driver’s briefing.

same here greg

1 Like

:eyes: or at least we won’t say that in public

I’m really liking Chang International Circuit. It has a nice mix of straights, fast corners and heavy breaking zones.

The other considerations were; Suzuka, Okayama and Bahrain

1 Like

Cool! I’m always up for a new and interesting track.

2 Likes