Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Yeah, that track looks very interesting indeed. Always keen :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Would love to try it out, but I just can’t get the game to recognise my G920. So I’m just playing ACC.

149a237886a726afe90211352d4df945

3 Likes

Did you ever get to installing Content Manager for AC and trying it through there?

1 Like

Yup. Tried fiddling through there and eventually gave up and rage uninstalled it.

2 Likes

We will help, we are legion.

3 Likes

Welcome to Mew @GeezMo786! Make yourself at home, the cookies are missing, Im blaming @aldyr . . .

2 Likes

Thanks @ Wyvern I feel at home already :smiley:

1 Like

Great, we are a good bunch, except for all the cookies dissapearing…

Make yourself at home, please come Introduce yourself

Please make sure you download the track for tomorrows race, I see no one has put a lap in on the server yet.

Practice session will open at 6pm followed by 30mins of qualifying at 8:00pm
The race will start at the usual time: 8:30pm

2 Likes

Et tu, Slinx, et tu?!?

2 Likes

Will try squeeze in some practice today.

Also was thinking for the next race - whatever track that may be - maybe we could try a night race using the Sol mod? We’d have to see if it works for everyone but it could be quite fun.

2 Likes

I had to test the track to make sure it’s all good okay! Did 2 laps with a controller, that’s the entirety of my experience on this track.

2 Likes

@SlinX wanting to avoid another incident like Cadwell Park - Woodlands Circuit :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly :rofl:

1 Like

Nice race once again :clap:
Well done to @Darthmol for picking up his 1st win of the season and 2nd podium.
Well done to runner up @aldyr and unfortunately @Beemerstein missing out on a podium due to having to pit on the last couple laps.

Chang International Circuit Results

# Name Car Points
1 DarthMol Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 25
2 aldyr inc Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 18
3 SlinkY Ferrari 488 GT3 16 pole
4 Beemerstein Mclaren 650 GT3 13 fastest lap
5 Matthew van der Merwe Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 10
6 oltman Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 8
7 Dragonic Mclaren 650 GT3 6
8 GeezMo786 Mclaren 650 GT3 4
9 Greg Redd Audi R8 LMS 2016 2

Driver Standings after Race #8

# Driver Rating Points Actions
1 SlinkY B 3369 153 PENALTIES
2 aldyr inc B 3053 120 PENALTIES
3 DieGrootH@mmer B 2258 114 PENALTIES
4 DarthMol B 3314 110 PENALTIES
5 Beemerstein B 2065 109 PENALTIES
6 oltman B 2503 64 PENALTIES
7 Dragonic C 2578 40 PENALTIES
8 Jay De Villiers B 1619 34 PENALTIES
9 Greg Redd C 2470 33 PENALTIES
10 Matthew van der Merwe B 2221 30 PENALTIES
11 GeezMo786 C 910 7 PENALTIES

Stats: Simresults

Drivers standings are still very close with 2 races remaining in the calendar. Only 11 points separating positions 2 to 5. Championship podiums are still very much up for grabs going into the final few races.

Edit: I think to keep everyone in the race, we can continue with T1 restarts (and forgetting to click drive restarts). We need a way to keep it fair though, so if at least 40% of the lobby votes for a restart before the end of lap 1, it will be done. We can cap it to 2 restarts or something.
This is all just to keep everyone in the race because I know how much it can suck to have your 1h race ruined in the first 10 seconds.

4 Likes

It works both ways though. If I have a great start and am running in third (not because of other’s misfortune) and then a race gets restarted, I at least expect the race start lights to be available for the restart. Kinda screwed with my race as it then threw me right in the pack at T1 and I got spun around.

Have a look at 49:30

3 Likes

@GeezMo786 sorry for that punt man, I had so much speed, I thought I could get past you around that bend, clearly didn’t see how wide I went. I waited up a bit but you were too far off. So Mr Director @SlinX, you may swap us around if you can.

2 Likes

I had no idea that happened until I watched the replay. The restart screwed me over as well, I had the worst start of my career, losing 4 or 5 places before T1 :sweat_smile:

Restarts are tricky. I have half a mind to never restart, but I also feel sorry for people who look forward to a good race and, like yourself @oltman, end up screwed at T1.

@Dragonic, @GeezMo786 needs to appeal before I can consider the incident :smiley:

2 Likes

Me at T1 during the first attempted start of the race

It felt like i was carrying an extra 2 backstreet boys weight into the corner

3 Likes