Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

So glad I got have my Gasly moment and get the unexpected win. Sorry for @oltman and @SlinX who were affected by the start lights bug. If not for that I’m sure that Slinx would have been un-catchable up at the front. I had to do all I could to keep enough ahead so as not to lose my lead.

3 Likes

Hey, I am not too fussed. I am so used to having lap 1 incidents that it feels weird NOT playing catchup!

@DarthMol, that was a well deserved victory! In the last year you have improved leaps and bounds and seriously impress me more each race! Like I said last night: your lap times are fast, but not the fastest. It is your consistency that really makes the difference!

4 Likes

We reviewed a few of the incidents after the race, only myself, aldyr, Darth and Mo were still there to watch. I think I’ll do it after every race. It’s nice to see all the events that happened on the other end of the track, and we can comment on driver etiquette while we’re at it. You don’t have to stick around obviously, but it would be nice to have everyone there for like 10 minutes to go through incidents.

We should do the same for the next race and give out mock penalties just as a fun exercise. I don’t think our 10 player lobby is serious enough to warrant actual penalties TBH. We are all fairly well behaved around here anyway.

3 Likes

How many people would be keen for a 3 hours of Le Mans this weekend? I am SUPER keen! We should stick to the same car class (I vote we open up the GT3 class, maybe to more cars) so that one guy in an LMP1 does not run away from the rest. But the focus required for 3 hours will ensure the men are separated from the boys!

I am willing to set aside any 3 hours this weekend, but it would be easier to convince the family to have it Friday or Saturday, starting around 7pm?

@DieGrootHammer
@SlinX
@DarthMol

You guys above have shown interest before :wink:

5 Likes

Keen, but should we attempt this in AC or ACC?

ACC does not have the track?

Oh… I automatically assumed it did, my bad. What a shit game :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll pass on 3 hours. I’d want a full server for something that long. For these GT3 races, we’ve been doing, I’ve already been driving with me, myself and irene for maybe a 3rd to as much as half the race.

1 Like

Hmm this is a good point. It is more fun to have a bigger field for the long races. That being said, I am keen to try out some endurance racing.

And yet again @aldyr spoils my racing fun :joy:

Ok, this is a valid point. The field will get so spread out over 3 hours that it will get quite boring.

Maybe let’s do Le Mans then as the next track for our Tuesday AC race?

2 Likes

Okay how about adding AI? Can add up to 30 AI drivers and vary the difficulty wildly so there is strong AI and weak AI, keeping us all entertained for the 3 hours?

1 Like

Is this being suggested for this weekend because it’s the IRL running of the actual Le Mans 24-Hour?

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en

I’d happily join a Le Mans endurance race even though I doubt I’d manage to keep my car undamaged enough to last 3 hours :grinning: I’d probably spend as much time in the pits for repairs as in the track.

Sadly, this weekend is Rosh Hashana Friday through to Sunday, so lots of family, eating and drinking, and not so much gaming on the cards for me in the evenings.

1 Like

Congrats @DarthMol is was great win from the start. Yeah having to pit on 2nd last lap because of fuel was wack. But somehow the Porsche was just gapping me on the straights.

2 Likes

AC can’t do AI in multiplayer.

Damn that sucks. During the online Le Mans I did a 3 hour AI race there and it was brilliant. Sad that they don’t have AI in multiplayer.

I can try to find more players/drivers
Details please
What time are you planning to do this?

Not sure. It is pretty open for a “when”. Otherwise we should plan a proper 3 hour race and avertise it on MNR or something? Even if it means we do it on another weekend? Just throwing out some ideas.

Hahaha its cool @Dragonic, Next time don’t be sorry be careful :joy:.
I’m keen on a 3hr race as it will be interesting.

1 Like

Endurance race could be a thing this coming long weekend. I still stand by having the race in ACC as it’s better suited to longer events, the car and track develops more dynamically as apposed to AC, but we can always do it in AC if that’s what the people want.

I’d also opt for a shorter track, Le Mans is way to long for the amount of drivers we have. We will probably only have one class as well, making it even more lonely.
I watched some of Jardier and Jimmy doing 8 hours around Laguna in ACC this past weekend and it worked out just fine.

3 hrs of cork screw. I’m going to need some wine for that