Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Guilty as charged :joy:

I’ll skip qualifying next week :rofl:

4 Likes

No, its because of the reverse grid that you charged through us! You need to qualy so you can just get in front and out of the way! :rofl:

Oulton Park in a 1:07.3! I so think we need to do an F1 league!!!

2 Likes

Is that the car we should be using? 2020 Hybrid?

Its nice to have an idea of the speed we COULD be going around there :smiley:

This was just the first track in my quick play list so I tried the car around there. It makes me seriously want to set up a Formula 1 series! I already downloaded all the 202 tracks (revised calendar) and am now ready to race!

I am willing to gift the car to anyone willing to commit to a series. It is not free, but DAMN it is such a good drive! I honestly think it drives better than the official F1 game!

@Slinx mentioned he can maybe set up a test server with the 2018 car for us to play around and see if we are keen for a series…

WHO IS WITH ME!?!?

4 Likes

Where do we get the 2018 car to test?

If people are keen to test it out this evening, it can be done, otherwise I was going to set it up tonight for tomorrow.

@GregRedd, oltman has it on Google Drive, but you will be able to download through CM as usual once it’s online.

2 Likes

You set it up when you can / want to. Anyone who isn’t happy with that can set up their own damn server!

No worries. Was just curious if the 2018 car was freely available or was also one from the RaceSimStudio guys.

2 Likes

It is a Race Sim Studio car, but I got it free through some promotion some time. I think when they launched their 2022 car they gave the 2018 one away.

1 Like

I still don’t fully understand mod licensing…

I think it is technically frowned upon to share a bought mod.

But, if we did a GT3 race, and I want to race a GT3 car I bought from a mod dev, that means everyone has to have the mod installed. So the server can share the mod, but you are not supposed to use the mod if the server downloaded it for you. I gets complicated.

1 Like

F1 Server is up! :racing_car:
Or just search for “MEW F1”

Server page

3 Likes

Not the track i would have chosen, but LOVING IT!

Do you download all of the files in the GDrive?

Nope, just the 2018 Fomula Hybrid, but you are welcome to the other cars as well.

Btw, tyre blankets are off. Take a good lap to warm them up.

I will be online for the next while doing some laps, pull in!

Yeah just figured that out now. The other files are broken though. Or at least for me it was.

Well well well! What an amazing experience! It is especially awesome to see Formula 1 around Kyalami again! Too bad I could not catch up to @Slinx… I had him around Barcelona though!

2 Likes

Except for kak drivers like me! Damn useless I am! I think I either locked up the fronts, or flew off the circuit at every single corner. Multiple times.

Then I quit in frustration and went back to marking assignments - and that was more enjoyable :expressionless:

2 Likes

It’s not easy, even for myself and oltman, I’ll give you that. There are zero assists, so we we’re flying into barriers at lightning speed every other corner as well.
It’s so hard to drive on the limit, in true sim fashion.

I’m going to add ABS and TC and see how that works out.

2 Likes

Some tips I can give in the meantime if you’re stuggling.

• Ease onto the throttle ALWAYS, even if you think you’re going straight, this is the biggest change coming from GT3. F1 cars have a crazy throttle response. It’s just a habit you have to learn. I typically go from 0-100% throttle over 1 second, 2 seconds if it’s a challenging corner exit

• Lower your brake power if you are locking up too easily

• It’s hard, but you have to trust the downforce through the fast stuff, the car will stick @ 180+

• Increase rear downforce if you are oversteering through fast corners. increase downforce in general for an easier to drive car.

1 Like