Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

I think that is the bigger adjustment to get used to, the sheer speed that you need to take corners at. And the sheer reaction speed you need as the braking zones, turn in points, exits all coming flying at you so fast.

2 Likes

It is. Race Sim Studio are having a 50% off Black Friday - Cyber Monday Week. Go support mod developers!

Also just released a 2 pack of GT replicas, also on 50% off for the week.

3 Likes

Then please go buy your own mods, its CHEAP! And the 2020 car is, simply, fantastic!

3 Likes

Done! Now we can have a proper class system, with me and @GregRedd in the 2020 car, and everyone else in the 2018 car so that we can keep up!
:smiley:

3 Likes

Get ready for Round 3 of the Cortina Corona Cup as we leave the UK and head for the Americas.

Round 3 will take place at Riverside and Bridgehampton, both very old tracks that were build before cars could pull much more than 1 lateral g.

1st qualifying session will begin at Tuesday, 8PM sharp as usual.

3 Likes

Who will spawn inside who? Place your bets now!

2 Likes

I’m excited!! Let’s go look at track maps.

Riverside:

There are 4 different layouts, so @SlinX, please indicate which one we’ll run? All layouts have long straights, though, so I’m guessing we’ll have to add a lot of top gear.

Bridgehampton:

More corners, but it looks like high and medium speed corners, nothing too niggley of fancy, like chicanes.

“Bridgehampton was renowned as a fearsome course, requiring the utmost of driver skill.” - https://esport-racing.de/bridgehampton-1967/
Ag, fok.

3 Likes

Bridgehampton was a blast in with the MX5’s, should also be fun with the slidey Cortina’s especially with all the elevation changes.

Ah, Bridgehampton was the one in the dunes, right? That was fun!

2 Likes

Strand

1 Like

We won’t be doing that particular layout of Riverside, I’m still deciding on which of the other 3… Practice server will go up this evening.

1 Like

I was thinking that the back straight might be a bit much for the Corina’s! :smiley:

EDIT: I don’t know how you edited my post, but @GregRedd, thank you, Sir, for making it prettier!

1 Like

I was hoping we would do that t one again. Loved it​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I promise I’ll behave tomorrow :joy:

They may be a bit unwieldy, but these little ponies got legs!
I was just barely topping out on the long ratio at Outlon Park, and that’s a long back straight.

I’m torn between nascar and spike layout, but I’m going for spike just because it has a few extra tricky corners, so it should make for a more interesting race.

Practice server is up.

1 Like

I chatted to my manager yesterday, since he races a little IRL, mostly in the historic classes. He told me of that handicap system they use, where they nominate a quali time beforehand, if they improve on the nominated time more than a certain margin they get dq’d, but then they start with a time handicap, such that every car should cross the finish line at the same time. Is something like this even possible in AC? If it is, should we try something like this at some point?

2 Likes

Can you do reverse grids?

2 Likes

That’s more aimed at time management and pacing. It’s a different kind of race. No-one is going full bore into those races.

Also, they usually have a co-driver

3 Likes

I don’t think such a system can be implemented in AC even. Because of it’s age, it lacks some of the more advanced features based around race start, e.g. no rolling start, no start handicaps, no grid penalty system.

Some things can be done, but often it’s more effort than it’s worth. Like in Round 1 where I tried to use the finishing grid from one race to form the start of another, it works, it’s just a bit of a pain in the ass. I’d much rather have a better flow to the whole experience, than over-complicated it with bolted on features.

Reverse grids are a staple of the Corona Cup
How do you think we cause so much carnage in such a short amount of time? :laughing:

2 Likes