Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

My manager begs to differ :smiley:
He doesn’t have a co-driver for the events he described, the purpose is purely to have more overtaking in a field of highly differing cars. That said, I was more curious about AC’s capability than anything else.

@Wyvern: If you watched the stream, you’d have seen us do it! I started in pole! /proud Still ended last. /lessproud

2 Likes

I’ve missed out on watching, I need to do that again. real-life interfere too much!
I just know that is how dad’s racing league tries to make things more interesting. Problem is they race sports GT - Class A - E in one race

2 Likes

I think we’re speaking about different events then. Also the one i was thinking of, isn’t on a race track, it’s on public roads.

Anyhoo… I hope there isn’t a problem with the reverse grid tonight. The 2nd race always proves to be a little nuts, during the first lap.

Btw, does anyone have the Oulton Park replays from last week. I’m missing one of them, not sure which one even.

3 Likes

Sorry chaps, swamped with work. Just took a break to grab a quick dinner and realized the time. Still got a ton of stuff to do for tomorrow, so ain’t gonna make the racing tonight. Don’t be too sad :cry: I’ll be back next week rustier and slower than ever to give you all a headache.

#DontDriveKak!!

7 Likes

Dammit, I went down the rabbit hole of norschleiffe. It ended, now…

5 Likes

Thanks for the race last night guys. First track was a bust due to SuperNoisyNeighbourMakeBebehCri.
Second track was alot of fun with Jay, Mo, and Avatar. Welcome Jay to the back of the class, where you will have all your fun :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I had a blast on that second track - nailed some corners only to go wide in the next one and lose all my time again. Had great fun duelling with Jay, Mo, and Draconic.

Thanks again for hosting @SlinX! The whole process is getting to be smoother and smoother.

3 Likes

So, one lap in the Cortina?

1 Like

Another round down. Thanks once again for an enjoyable evening of racing.
@aldyr manages to hold onto the championship lead for another round of racing as I come out on top overall for round 3. It’s getting really close up top!

We have 16 drivers registered, but our most populated race so has been with 12 drivers. Lets fill up those grid spots for the next one! :muscle:

Riverside

1st Race

• 1st : Kelvin Andrews
  • 2nd : Brent
  • 3rd : Gerhard Niemand

2nd Race

• 1st : Brent
  • 2nd : Kelvin Andrews
  • 3rd : Gerhard Niemand

Best Qualifying: Brent
Fastest Lap (1st Race): Brent
Fastest Lap (2nd Race): Brent

# Name Car Points
1 Brent Lotus Cortina 31.5
2 Kelvin Andrews Lotus Cortina 31
3 Gerhard Niemand Lotus Cortina 22.5
4 Melvin Gous Lotus Cortina 15.5
5 Johan Niemand Lotus Cortina 14.5
6 Jay De Villiers Lotus Cortina 14
7 Oltman Botha Lotus Cortina 14
8 Graham Mol Lotus Cortina 11
9 Avatar Lotus Cortina 8
10 Hernus Basson Lotus Cortina 6
11 Mogamat Jacobs Lotus Cortina 6
12 Exavia Gordon Lotus Cortina 5.5

Bridgehampton

1st Race

• 1st : Gerhard Niemand
  • 2nd : Brent
  • 3rd : Oltman Botha

2nd Race

• 1st : Brent
  • 2nd : Kelvin Andrews
  • 3rd : Graham Mol

Best Qualifying: Kelvin Andrews
Fastest Lap (1st Race): Kelvin Andrews
Fastest Lap (2nd Race): Brent

# Name Car Points
1 Brent Lotus Cortina 29.5
2 Gerhard Niemand Lotus Cortina 27
3 Graham Mol Lotus Cortina 19.5
4 Oltman Botha Lotus Cortina 19.5
5 Kelvin Andrews Lotus Cortina 15
6 Exavia Gordon Lotus Cortina 12.5
7 Jay De Villiers Lotus Cortina 12
8 Melvin Gous Lotus Cortina 12
9 Mogamat Jacobs Lotus Cortina 10.5
10 Avatar Lotus Cortina 10
11 Johan Niemand Lotus Cortina 9

Driver standings after Round 3

# Driver Points
1 Kelvin Andrews 155.5
2 Brent 152.5
3 Gerhard Niemand 150
4 Christopher Long 107
5 Graham Mol 96
6 Oltman Botha 85.5
7 Exavia Gordon 61
8 Mogamat Jacobs 52.5
9 Melvin Gous 47
10 Avatar 45.5
11 Johan Niemand 44
12 Jay De Villiers 26
13 Hernus Basson 25
14 Greg Redd 19
5 Likes

We also lost some racers half way through who had to go fight neighbours and Eskom…

2 Likes

I found a thing

3 Likes

I’ve actually seen this before, never used it though.
I was thinking about this last night actually while looking through the stats. The “race gaps” and “race positions” graphs on simresults could be used to find the interesting bits.

I should probably try both methods and see which is easier.

Oh look, I am 6th… :joy:

3 Likes

Plot twist

1 Like

So I’ve finally had enough of AC. It’s just one issue after the other. I’ve now Uninstaller it to make space for other actual working games. It’s a shame as the race was fun. But man life is too short to try and fix such a broken ass game.

3 Likes

Sorry man! I have hardly had any issues at all, but I know the feeling of trying to get games working and it just wont play along!

1 Like

I find your frustration mildly amusing, but goodbye and farewell, I guess I’ll just have to join you in ACC now.

3 Likes

Tomorrow’s tracks are Tsukuba and Thuxton. Better familiarize yourselves if you’ve never driven those tracks before!
Tsukuba is up on the server for practice.

1 Like

I thought you said no practice :stuck_out_tongue:

Please listen properly.

3 Likes