Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Listen properly you say? (shameless plug, via via)
4 Likes

Ooooh, a Japanese track!

Tsukuba looks fun. Getting 3,4, and 5 right will be critical for maintaining speed through the first sector. 5 and 6 (shouldn’t that be 1 corner) looks challenging to keep speed up, but 8 and 9 should be flat out, by the looks of it. I hope 12 has a bounding wall like last week, so that I can check its structural integrity every lap.

Thuxton, on the other hand, look like a busy old track! Lots of straights that aren’t, with interesting corners in between. 3, 4, and 5, in particular, will probably be tricky to get right, and I don’t foresee me getting the final chicane right even once.

All in all, looks like tomorrow night is going to be fun!! :smiley:

1 Like

This track was in the first Corona Cup, that last corner is a tricky one… The braking zone is uphill and on a slight corner, and the chicane is blind as you come over the crest to take sharp left turn.

It’s a very old and wide track though, so it should make for a fun first lap.

1 Like

I think the uphill braking will help me, but that benefit will definitely be undone by the blind corner. Think I should jump on the runway on the eastern side of the track, and come back in on the middle of the chicane!

Tsukuba is a staple on iRacing’s MX5 cup. Will be fun to see how accuratly it compares :wink:

There’s a small chance I’ll be late for the 1st race tonight, but’s it’s been scheduled to start on time, qualifying at 8pm, without or without me.

I’m not sure if I ever made this clear, but the first race is always preceded by a 1 hour practice session. It’s mostly out of convenience since you can sit in the practice session and immediately enter qualifying without having to exit and load into the server again for quali.

Good luck and see you on track! :+1:

1 Like

Same here, small chance I will be late or even miss the first race. Can I join the reverse race if I miss the first?

Is this the version that you are all using - I have a friend who might join

2 Likes

Correct, sometimes we use DLC stuff, but I don’t think the Corona Cup has any DLC items. I could be wrong, maybe tracks, @SlinX to confirm.

1 Like

@Wyvern Corona Cup does not use any DLC, they will just have to download a few mods linked up above. If they do join, I’ll PM all the relevant links and whatnot.

2 Likes

@lazy5k8er - Welcome to the forums first of all :stuck_out_tongue: Then speak to these guys - they are in charge of all things that go vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

2 Likes

@lazy5k8er - welcome to MEW and our Assetto Corsa Racing League. At the moment we’re busy with our 2nd Corona Cup season - it’s a bit of a fun event where the points don’t really matter and where you’re not allowed to lap Greg under any circumstances!

Scroll up in this topic a couple of weeks, keep an eye out for the Corona Cup 2 registration post by @Slinx and take it from there. You’ll find links to the car we’re using (the Lotus Cortina) and the circuits Slinx has chosen for us to use (some in game, some custom mods).

Strongly recommended (but not mandatory) is using the Assetto Corsa Content Manager to manage your installation and install apps and mods. You’ll find talk of it all over this thread too.

Also, if it’s not too late and you’re able, even though it’s not needed… give a thought to maybe grabbing the Ultimate Edition while it’s also on super cheap sale:

You won’t regret the added content you’re getting.

2 Likes

I can’t buy that version, because I already own the base game. The DLC alone is over R100. :frowning:

EDIT: Screw it. I added the season pass and the rest of the DLC items separately and managed to drop the price by R5! Got the price below the psychological barrier of R100 and bought it. Threw in Automobilista 2 for good measure as well. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was going to say there’s some trick to getting the ultimate edition while you already own the base game, but you are too fast. Save that speed for the track!

1 Like

I’ll be faster once my Quest 2 arrives… I can hold my own in PCars2 and ACC at the moment though. I even turned off racing line in ACC and reduced assists to fairly low.

2 Likes

@FarligOpptreden does this mean, you’re joining tonight?

2 Likes

To anyone who still wants to join for a bit of fun: (@FarligOpptreden @lazy5k8er :eyes:)
Registration and Car link in this post and tracks in this one.

Server name to search for is “MEW Racing League” it will have the championship name and track appended to it)

1 Like

Like @Slinx says, you acted way too fast for me, but for next time… You can permanently request that a game gets removed from your library. That then frees you up to repurchase the version that you want with all the DLC. The downside of course is that you lose the value of whatever you paid for the base game. But it does sometimes still work out cheaper overall, especially when the discounts are so deep, and regional prices are working.

We spoke about it a while ago when the Dirt Rally 2.0 GotY edition released:

Steam Support - Games and Applications (steampowered.com)

2 Likes

I am hereby offering up 6th position in the races tonight. Have a project I need to finish and choosing my evenings carefully.

Have fun guys!

4 Likes

And me too again, sadly. Hopefully for the last time.

2 Likes