Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

That Abarth500 sticks to the road like glue. I quite enjoyed the Alfa as well. With the Lotus Cortina the lack of having a clutch makes it difficult with the rear kicking out on the downshifts, so more often than not I was trying to save the slide going around the corners.

1 Like

Driving the abarth after driving the Cortina feels so weird :joy: I turned in wayyyy to early after driving the cortina

2 Likes

I haven’t driven the Alfa yet, but it seems pretty evenly matched with the Cortina.
What do you guys think? Alfa? Cortina? both?

We “diced” like it was klipfontein road. I suspect some setup tweaks, and the alfa could run away, because of 5 gears

1 Like

I also think the alfa might run away with it. Will give it a shot tonight

1 Like

Corona Cup Season 2: Cortina edition - Registrations are now open

Car: Ford Cortina (mega.nz) (Google Drive)

Mod list so far in no particular order:

Other possible tracks:

• Road Atlanta Short Course
  • Knockhill
  • Cadwell Park
  • Barbagallo Raceway
  • Virginia International Raceway

1st event is scheduled for this coming Tuesday (10th) @ 8PM
We’ll be racing at 2 tracks.
10 minute qualifying followed by 2x 15 minute races with the 2nd being reverse grid.

I’m going to experiment a bit with starting orders so that we don’t have to do qualifying at the 2nd race.
Example:

Track 1

• Qualifying > Race 1 > Race 2 reverse grid

Track 2

• Race 1 using finishing grid from Track 1 Race 2 > Race 2 reverse grid
5 Likes

1 Like

So what your saying is I’m in pole for the 2nd race?

Score

EDIT: I, too, have registered. I’m getting the same error as Aldyr below, hope it’ll go away when admin approves my entry.

4 Likes

Your Rating: Unknown! Please set your GUID on your account page or click register and enter your guid on the registration page! ?

2 Likes

I had that too

2 Likes

Where are you seeing this? I registered same as you guys and I didn’t get that message.

edit: oh never mind, I got it when I registered again. I don’t think you need to worry about that.

3 Likes

Erm. I’m worried now.

Who was racing the night we found the random open server with clutchless BMW’s?

Hahahaha

Ask @DarthMol about the clutch. Basically, you brake, gear down, turn in and

2 Likes

That’s what happened with the beemers… It just means I’ve got a chance this time :smiley:

1 Like

I remember that, fun times were had.
Would the auto clutch make a difference in this case?

1 Like

If I understand correctly, it’ll still remove the kick when downshifting.

IRL Flappy paddle manual shifting has an auto clutch, whereas this is like driving a manual car without touching the clutch pedal. IRL you’ll get the gear in by feel, but we don’t have that luxury online :smiley: The game models gears shifts as if you’ve running with flappy paddles if you don’t have a clutch pedal setup, like (I think) most of us.

I’d suggest setting up a practice server where autoclutch is optional (I proclaim that bravely, as if I’ve even got a fraction of an idea of if that’s possible!) so that we can try out both and see what works.

I kinda feel like I’m the only one concerned here, though, so if no one else pipes up, don’t stress too much about it! :rofl:

Is the registration server down? I want to register!

No, it’s up, link works for me.

Oops, I might have registered twice :sweat_smile:

Before I register… Are we using real names?