Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Yeah, the R31 drives better for me, gave it a bash Sunday and last night. Feels easier to catch, tested the Volvo out too. But I’m more consistent with the R31.

1 Like

I also sent my best time to Brent last night for Eastern Creek.
Not sure if there is some settings I’m missing in SP, but this is on par with the best times from last week’s race. Not saying I’ll be able to hang with you guys now but I’m a bit more optimistic.
I also changed a bit of my driving style after watching the Grip video on Driver61(I’m veeeeeery slowly going through all of them), I think this helped quite a bit.

1 Like

That is suspiciously quick.

1 Like

Yeah maybe some of the SP stuff is different to the server setup. But those guys with those times also had ballast.

Edit: Ah, the SP defaults to 0 wind. that’s the problem lol.

The server is running Phillip Island at the moment and has a couple times posted, go test your might!

Unlike Mr @aldyr I have to work. I’ll see if I can sneak in a lap or two. Otherwise I have to ma wait till tonight.

Hello voetsek. I used my lunch to learn the track

3 Likes

Also, eskom might make a turn this evening, so keep an eye on the schedule. @SlinX @Dragonic @GregRedd @Stromlo @jaydogg86 @DarthMol @WarRack101 @GerhardNiemand @Beemerstein and who ever else I missed.

1 Like

Mr Race Director mos has everything under control, we should not go past 10pm this time hey?

Where did you see that about eskom?

Load shedding app went off on my phone, I see it’s suspiciously empty now. :man_shrugging:

Well, it says eskom stage 2, and i’m off at 8pm. So guess we’ll see

1 Like

I was gonna say, I cant find any info :stuck_out_tongue:
Julle moet ma mooi ry! I can’t even spectate with no internet

Also loadshedding stage 2 starts at 10pm tonight

So Phillip Island = kak, Oran Park = kakker. Also, why do I do this to myself, and still call it “fun”?

2 Likes

It’s discord that makes it

3 Likes

Some changes for tonight:

• Race time: 12 minutes

• Ballast (based on championship standing):
    1st: 100kg
    2nd: 84kg
    3rd: 68kg
    4th: 52kg
    5th: 36kg
    6th: 20kg

1 Like

Thanks, my internet and racing rig is fully battery backed up, nothing else in my house is. Priorities, you see.

We have plenty of flashlights, and the wife has a laptop with decent battery, and the baby monitor is using batteries anyway, so we don’t really need anything else.

2 Likes

Philip Island is better than last week’s tracks. But I’ve not driven on m’Oran Park yet. My excuse book is ready, so I guess I am ready!

2 Likes

Wife would murder me if i spent money on back up deep cycle stuff.

1 Like

I had to test different UPS devices for a client, and was left with one that didn’t meet their specs. So I built a battery box with 5 year old discarded UPS batteries*, and ended up with a completely free deep cycle backup. Wouldn’t have spent money on this either!

*Old batteries generally still work, they just don’t have the as-new capacity. So I used double the number of batteries you would normally need, but for a ‘free’ system that doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Might tested after 3 laps in the wrong car then 3 laps in the R31.
1:50:534, so a whole 4s off Aldyrs(meaning my Eastern Creek time is defs a fluke, but I’m sure I used to be 10s off you guys) time but 3s better than Gregs. Not sure if Greg had any proper practice but that’s the time I see for him.

Anyways, we will find out tongiht.