Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Something came up, so no racing and no commentary tonight… Sorry guys! :worried:

1 Like

Hey guys, I won’t make it tonight. I’ve come down with a sinus and throat infection. Went to the doctor and got some meds so I’ll be having an early night tonight. Have fun!

1 Like

My poor Corona Cup. Look at how they massacred my boy :cry:
Depending on the final turnout, we may have to postpone this round. Looks like we’ll be fine for tonight.

@DarthMol Get well soon man, at least it’s not the Rona.

2 Likes

@oltman and @DarthMol, it was weird without you two actually.
But thanks all that did attend, that was crazy, pity my game crashed on the last race.

4 Likes

I stand by my circuit assessments. Any circuit sponsored by XXXX Beer is kak.

As always, thanks for the fun racing guys!

4 Likes

I’ll be back next week Tuesday.
Brent just needs to give me the tracks before hand. lol

2 Likes
# Driver Rating Points
1 Kelvin Andrews A 2740 112.5
2 Deon van Schalkwyk B 1666 84.5
3 Brent Forbes B 2106 73.5
4 Cohen Sassman Provisional 48
5 Pieter Geldenhuys B 1748 37
6 Dayaan De Villiers B 1809 36
7 Exavia Gordon C 1983 32
8 Ruan Greyling Provisional 30.5
9 Greg Redd C 1356 28
10 Ryan “THE NEW GUY” Pey Provisional 27
11 Mogamat Jacobs C 1314 26
12 Graham Mol B 1785 15
13 Tyler Provisional 4
14 Thomas Provisional 0.5

I give up with the ballast, it’s so bugged.

2 Likes

I quite enjoyed the first track, even if it’s just for the fact that I felt like I could somehow keep up with the front pack. Granted, it was probably more down to mistakes but it was fun, had a nice side by side moment with @Stromlo, gave me some valuable race expierence, even if it was just for one lap. Also @SlinX going off the track every time allowed me to race close with him for a whole race pretty much :smiley:
Second track was a write off, the first corner killed me, and finally when I got the hang of it my game crashed.

3 Likes

“Lets dice guys, lets dice! Oh, qualifying is over, never mind!”

Haha was a great evening. Ryan “new guy” said I “drive like an afrikaans box”, not sure how that happened, as he tried pushing me off the track twice. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@aldyr , I will send you your championship winning trophy so long, no point in waiting until the season finale! :laughing:

@Dragonic That was fun yeah, and you did well side by side!

Really enjoyed the second track, but both circuits were nice.

4 Likes

And I just remembered, I was leading the race in (I think) the second race of Philip Island, when @GregRedd came from nowhere in the grass. It confused me so much I fell off the track! Classic :slight_smile:
I will check if I can find it on replay, it was epic.
ETA: Don’t have the replay :frowning:

2 Likes

@GregRedd I’m sorry on behalf of whoever did this to you :weary:
Not even 100m into the race, tsk, tsk.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Li0lvWT3tRUZ1mCQb5uVr_-j65sIjbFg/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

:joy: It was hilarious - I was getting klapped from the left and the right and the back. That’s exactly how I landed up rejoining the circuit down the bottom of the slope at Turn 3/4 where @Stromlo saw me appear - I couldn’t work out how to get back onto the circuit through those gaps in the walls on the straight.

1 Like

Phew, I thought it was me, looks like I just gave him a slight nudge, not enough to cause the spin? Then Ryan came up the inside and boom.

1 Like

I Think Ryan needs some helicorsa in his life, he drove me off the track on the final corner exit at least 3 times.

Good news is that I can enforce mandatory apps in the new server version.

2 Likes

Looks like this was a typical Corona Cup event! Loads of incidents, loads of chatter, loads of fun! Sorry I missed it! I should be on for more vibrant commentary next week!

1 Like

You can enforce it to be installed, not used right?

@Stromlo Lap 1, is always this risk of, do I trust the guy behind me to brake at the right time or do i feather the brake earlier, so he *sees the brake lights come on, to remind him to brake, before I brake hard. I have learnt my lesson, in AC but especially in ACC, that people have no fucking chill in lap 1, so I’ll rather let them pass, and catch them later if I can. In fact, letting them pass earlier, only to catch them later, just gives you more racecraft moments.

Phillip Island has corners that go on for an eternity, 3 turns to 1, extra extra extra footlong, and with little definitive braking markers, it’s a surprisingly technical track.

I pulled the mic cable out per ongeluk, and couldn’t understand why people couldn’t hear me. So, I quit to save the replay after race 1 at Oran Park. Then AC crashed during the reconnect for start of race2, when @Dragonic said, 20 seconds to join. Had to kill AC, and reconnect, joined in the pits, took off, then stopped cos my UI was all whack after the crash, turned off UI, and took off again, when you guys were half way through lap 1. And so began the chase to catch up. Couldn’t catch @Stromlo in 2nd, let alone pass. And @SlinX was long gone, more than half a lap ahead of me

Was fun nonetheless, I hope @DarthMol gets well soon, @oltman makes the next session, @jaydogg86 stops sleeping around with other cars

4 Likes

We said last night that we were spoilt with your commentary haha.

1 Like

At one point we went a good 2 minutes without anybody saying anything. UNACCEPTABLE

2 Likes

Correct.

Regarding the tracks, I think Phillip Island suited these cars pretty well. It gave them some room to stretch their legs a bit, and a few of the faster corners were right on the edge of grip.

I’ll try and get some similar tracks for the next few rounds since I think I’m out of good Aussie tracks for now.

Will Bridgehampton make a return? who knows, I think it’s Corona Cup tradition at this point.

1 Like

This is the way.

1 Like