Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Now is the time to grab a copy of Assetto Corsa if you don’t have it and do want to join the League - 75% off the Standard Edition is fantastic value, but scroll down the store page a bit… even better value is the 86% off the Ultimate Edition. Worth every cent imo.

4 Likes

When?

2 Likes

We are starting up the F1 2019 league again tomorrow if you’d like to join @Dragonic. Sorry for stealing people away from here.

1 Like

Haha I’m sure @SlinX doesn’t mind, all racers are a community on it’s own it seems. I don’t have F1 2019 unfortunately. Once I’m out of this hole that I dug myself in, I’ll join.

2 Likes

I kinda want to see what’s going to happen with load-shedding before I decide on a date for race #1. I heard rumors of stage 6 happening this week, might only be rumors, but lets wait and see how Eskom manages to mess up this time.

Everything is setup and ready to go otherwise.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess that makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

@Solitude, don’t steal my people! it was hard enough getting 8!

2 Likes

I am the stealer of souls and devourer of chippies.

6 Likes

You’ve got 9 now, electricity allowing!

3 Likes

Hmm chippies…

I need to open a UPS, and destroy that damn beeping speaker, if eskom is going to loadshed at 4am.

I’m looking forward to this, but not Turn 1

1 Like

That’s partly why we had the practice races, they are helpful if you don’t want a chain reaction of punts going into T1.

1 Like

Just watch, cold tyres, down hill, inverse camber, and british people screaming from the stands. Yeah, turn 1 is going to be great

1 Like

We talking Brands Hatch right? I frikken hate that corner. Even without any other cars on the circuit at the same time.

It is where I grabbed one of my favourite in-game screenshots though (in PCars 2):

2 Likes

It’s an epic corner because it’s so unique. You just have to get your braking and turn-in points right and you’ll be able to accelerate through the turn, smooth as butter.

Speaking of which, I’m away from next week Wednesday to Saturday. How does everyone feel about starting the following Tuesday 21st? (even this coming Tuesday, but I feel like it’s a bit short notice)

@Avatar you might want to get Kyalami downloaded in the meantime. Practice server is hosted 24/7 if you want to practice under race conditions, tyre wear, pitstops, etc.

1 Like

Already have it, I’ll check out the server, thanks!

2 Likes

It slipped my mind that this might impact the AC servers I’m hosting, but I might as well mention it.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

So the UPS in our Fibre distribution room is a bit old, has a max uptime of 2 hours, much less with frequent shedding since it charges very slowly as well. It’s pretty much guaranteed to go down for 30-60 minutes per 2.5 hour loadshedding window, 1.5 - 2 hours if the power has been off in the last 6ish hours.

I’ve been battling with our ISP to get it sorted as it’s obviously bad for business (and MEWRL dammit!).

1 Like

As good a day and date as any.

1 Like

Count me in! 21st

1 Like

Okay so after 2 long months since it was first conceived, we are finally getting close to our first AC event. As a quick reminder this is the race day schedule:

• Practice is on your own time, leading up until quali @ 8:30, there’s a dedicated server set up for it if you want to practice in traffic with your fellow MEW racers. Server name: MEW 3
  • Qualifying: 8:30pm (25mins, I want to shorten this to 15mins)
  • Break: 8:55pm (5mins)
  • Race: 9:00pm (35mins)
  • Tuesday 21st 8:30pm is good for me!
  • I won’t be able to make it (reply and suggest an alternative)

0 voters

We have 9 drivers at the moment with @Avatar
@Slayer do you want in? make it a nice round 10, c’mon.
This messes with points and stuff, 9th and 10th = no points, but it should be fine, just don’t come last :grin:

I’ll probably hop on the server for a few laps on Sunday just to make sure everything is still good to go. Feel free to join me at 2pm.

Pinging the rest of you to vote. @aldyr @Dragonic @oltman @GregRedd @Entity @DieGrootHammer @DarthMol

Edit: @czc not sure if you are in or not?

2 Likes

@Slinx, we don’t have our fixture for next week yet, so hopefully it’s not on the same day and a 21:10 game haha.

This makes me nervous.