Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Exactly what I plan on doing.

So what I’ve found so far is that the Championship thing is a premium feature, premium is worth it for $10 IMO, I don’t mind fronting the cost.

I read that wrong, the race weekend feature is premium, championships are free. (how to strikethrough?)

In my excitement, I managed to get a single race server started, turned out to be easier than expected since I’ve already got all the core server functionality set up. There are some issues preventing people from joining, but I’m sure it’s just some silly NAT thing.

This manager is very epic, thanks for the find @GregRedd

P.S. server going offline now so I guess I’ll have to do some actual work :disappointed:

2 Likes

Hi all, tonight after 10pm I’m going to blom on the MEW servers tonight, join discord, whisper sweet nothings into my porsche’s ear, and talk nonsense with my dog. Join me, don’t join me. It’s all good.

I figure, after Cyril kak’d out the Eskom people, they’re suddenly loadshedding till 10pm only. So at the very least, most people will have power after 10pm.

4 Likes

I’m there!

3 Likes

I’ll attempt to make a turn too. Need get my wheel sorted for AC sometime.

@SlinX - the MEW server going to available for us to play around with this evening? Or are you still having to shut stuff down in case of Load Shedding kak?

2 Likes

We’re all good with loadshedding as long as it doesn’t go beyond stage 2 :crossed_fingers:

Go ahead and download Kyalami in the mean time. I’ve set the server manager to rotate through all 6 tracks, Kyalami being 2nd.

If you have trouble with joining that server, I’m also running MEW 3 (the original MEW server got cannibalized by server manager)

2 Likes

Okay, much progress has been made in understanding how this thing works.

I’ve sidelined the actual championship mode for now as it can’t run in a loop, you qualify, you race, you move on, it don’t wait for nobody.
In its place I’ve setup a 6 track rotation with each session having a 3 hour practice (quali and race sessions can be added).
I’ve also entered all 8 of us into the roster with the car choice and livery locked down, should be nice to have that consistency throughout the championship event. If you want your official league car and/or livery changed, just PM me the name of the livery

This only applies to the MEWRL server, on the other 2 you can do whatever you want.

I’ve also made the management console accessible via the web now. I’ll create some accounts eventually so you guys can login and check it out.
I can schedule the league races and it makes a nice little calendar with reminders and stuff, you can probably even integrate it into discord and forums.
There’s so much info, I can even see @DarthMol’s sneaky session last night :grin:
It seems you are still struggling with the controller… I can see exactly where you went off the track lol.

2 Likes

I’m actually using a wheel now thanks to Gregredd donating me his old setup when he upgraded! But it’s taking a while to get used to using a wheel, and the manual shifting and getting the pedal pressure right etc.

But hopefully with time and practice I’ll be getting more consistent and faster.

5 Likes

That’s epic, nice one @GregRedd!
DFGT right? My first wheel as well, it’s probably the best intro wheel out there. Now I can’t stop upgrading, it’s a problem.
Your dirt rally experience is about to go up a notch for sure.

2 Likes

You’ll get there I’m sure - didn’t take you too long to conquer the controller on F1, doubt this will take you too long either.

You’re using semi-automatic / manual no clutch right? And the flappy paddles for your gear changes?

Ya semi-auto/no clutch - been trying it with the gear lever and paddles to see which works best.

1 Like

Sorry guys. Can’t figure out how to make wheel setup changes while on the online server, and have to keep jumping back to the main menu options. And every time I go back into the Practice server it resets things? Don’t know if that’s affecting you? Sorry if it is.

No, not at all. That’s weird, maybe try saving your wheels settings as a preset in CM?

1 Like

Kyalami is epic!

4 Likes

So, you setup your wheel in Assetto menu and/or driver software. Then save the setup in a preset. Then, in Content Manager, under Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Controls, make sure that setup is selected.

Sometimes it forgets your configuration. So, I tend to reselect that config inside Content Manager, at the start of an evening session.

Once you connect to a server lobby, ie. sitting in your car, in the pit lane, you can’t change wheel or button config, only car setup, if rules allow.

First time driving Kyalami, wow, just wow.

2 Likes

Sorry for bailing halfway through, I ended up fighting with my mods trying to get Kyalami to work until 2am when Eskom forced me to go sleep.

Busy doing a clean install now… bleh

1 Like

You need to join that Track so that @aldyr can get a better time. He doesn’t have competition to push himself. My best time of the night was 1:59:660 or something. His was 1:52 something I believe.

1 Like

Can confirm, Kyalami is an awesome track.
Finally nailing all comers after many laps of practice.

4 Likes

That was awesome :fire:

1 Like

Server Manager is now open to all with read access. Go have a look around.
linky link

3 Likes

That looks brilliant! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like